Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jehar

I am a stalker of Michael Krause

...but a really crappy one. I can't find the guy anywhere.

For those who don't know who he is, I consider him to be one of the best Doom mappers of all time. Here is a good spread of his stuff. Others may know him from his nomination for Runbuddy in the top 100 wads.

Point is, I would at least like to get into some kind of communication with the guy. Talent that awesome is something that needs at least a virtual handshake, and hopefully some correspondance to mine his brain a bit.

Maybe some of the standbys here will remember any of his activities in the community, or how active he was (if at all). Any help at all would be awesome.

I don't think he ever released a bad wad. I really enjoy his work as well. I have no clue how to contact him however.

Did he by chance mention anyone in his credits that might still be able to help with an email or an idea?

Okay, so far I've emailed his official address (Michael.Krause@Koeln.Netsurf.de), and got back a defunct addy. No go there :(

I emailed a couple of other guys from the demoscene and whatnot that share his name, but was assured that neither of them were mappers.

My best lead right now is the webhost of the previously linked page. I have no idea who made that page, but I figure whoever did may be able to help.

I remember "A hell day" was one of the first PWads i ever played when i got the internet, i just like the semi-yodaish name...

Googled with no luck. The only thing I found was a Michael Krause who linked to doom on his homepage, http://www.crusoe.de. He was kind enough to answer my mail and he wished us good luck with the search.

Maybe he has a full time job, or has decided to switch to other games forever?

Noticed you made a compilation wad http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38968, thank you.
I remember playing run buddy over and over again till I could finish it in one run. But I totally forgot about those quake sounds. That's how memory works. The nice thing was that I could delete those sounds within 30 minutes without knowing much about mapping. A big thanks to slayer for his slumped 07.
I wonder if you would stalk him if he was still making maps though.

Not a lot of progress - emailed all of the names mentioned in his txt files, all of them bounced back. I just find it hard to believe someone could just simply dissapear like this. My best hope is still the provider of that linked page.

Jehar said:

Not a lot of progress - emailed all of the names mentioned in his txt files, all of them bounced back. I just find it hard to believe someone could just simply dissapear like this. My best hope is still the provider of that linked page.

If you tried to reach me only using information that is 7 or more years out of date you'd find it difficult, too. My mail addresses of that time period have also been dead for some time now.

Kristian Ronge said:

If you know where he's from (country and/or city) you could search one of the online white page services for that country.

You can do it without, results vary

Unfortunately it does not do out of the country, so if he lives out of the US, you're SOL. Sorry.

I checked out that link and found 298 people with my name.

I dont feel so unique anymore :(

Thank God my name isnt Smith or Jones, haha

Only 7 matches for my last name and all from the same family tree. I never knew I had relatives in the mideast...

Graf Zahl said:

If you tried to reach me only using information that is 7 or more years out of date you'd find it difficult, too. My mail addresses of that time period have also been dead for some time now.

I couldn't agree more, yet it's just about all that's available on this guy.

Anywho, it's nice to see that some others recognize this guy's work. He always felt very frank-lloyd wright-ish in his proportional scale.

Okay, I followed my own recommendation and looked up all people in Köln (a.k.a Cologne in English) named Michael Krause, via the German white pages (dastelefonbuch.de). Why Köln? Well, because one of his e-mails mentioned in this thread indicated he lived there.

Here you go, 9 hits. Give them all a call and remember to be polite. ;-)

Kristian Ronge said:

Okay, I followed my own recommendation and looked up all people in Köln (a.k.a Cologne in English) named Michael Krause, via the German white pages (dastelefonbuch.de). Why Köln? Well, because one of his e-mails mentioned in this thread indicated he lived there.

Here you go, 9 hits. Give them all a call and remember to be polite. ;-)

Great work, however why not send a sms? That's less intrusive and it's free of cost.

Okay, cool. Heh, now that I think about it, that would explain the double-entry for one of the people (one entry for the mobile and one for the home phone number) so it was a bit stupid of me to assume they were all home numbers.