Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom2day

Funbox - Wait no, I meant Skybox

Heh. He(She?) makes the E2 boss look like a little wimp!
What weird things can you get out of your skyboxes? Please share!

To be honest I can't completely tell what's going on in that screenshot. You (or whoever made the map) decided that it would be best to put all three skies together?

Done it before...not that hard (Its for ZDoom if anyone hasnt noticed yet)

I used ACS to make two teams of colored Cybers in a skybox and put the player in a small room with a water floor and horizon lines. Then the cybers went at it and then it was over...booo-riinng

Put a hateful Mastermind there to keep him company, and have both of them respawn forever and hate each other forever.

One thing that I tried with skyboxes was to make decorate based cloud entities and place them in the skybox. They have a really slow speed and just follow a circular path within the skybox.

LWM did a nice example skybox with birds flying overhead.

Of course, Gooberman's moving skybox camera to simulate flying into a space station was very impressive.

was he the first?

Because I've seen the "Flying" effect in various wads (namely, Super Sonic Doom).

I once made a godzilla cyberdemon in Legacy back when it had skyboxes, that was funny. I wanted to use scripting to kill it at a certian point, like the player was "lauching the missiles" to kill the super cybie. But there was never a version with both scripting and skyboxes

doom2day said:

Heh. He(She?) makes the E2 boss look like a little wimp!
What weird things can you get out of your skyboxes? Please share!

Hah, I used to do stuff like that in Unreal Tournament. Put in "ghost" in console to noclip, fly to skybox, put in "freeze" (Or something similar) and fire every weapon I had. :P

farhaven said:

the flowers however look nice

may i steal that idea for my own wads? :D

Yeah, you can use the resources too if you want. I can put together a bunch of decorate based trees and vegetation that I've been working on over the years.

That screenshot of mine was from a jokewad, but the level was never finished.

Nice clouds Shtbag667. First thing I thought when I saw that screen was teletubbies. :p

I have the shotgun to take care of doom2day's giant Cyb, which appeared due to some weirdo bug in Doomsday quite awhile ago (has nothing to do with skyboxes but I couldn't help but post it). It freaked me out when I looked out the window and this huge thing was rotating.....

As for skyboxes I got to start making those things myself.

those models were originally an optional pack for Doomsday made by Abbs, who if I remember right is the dude behind Risen3D.

anyway, those clouds seems like a cool idea but the blue background in that screenshot looks really bad.

BlackFish said:

Risen is based off of Doomsday isn't it.

Yeah I know but I got confused here I never seen or used these weapon models in Doomsday.

It all makes sense! The furniture is too big! The 'enormous' shotgun! The cybergodzillademon! The doomguy spent too much time walking through nukage and shrunk! I figured it out finally!

I liked tormentor667's cave skybox in TNTLE... it really looked like a cavern