Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rabidrage

Help! [water/liquid textures in certain ports]

I've got a bit of a problem with source ports...Doom Legacy works fine for me, but Doomsday and ZDoom both have the same problem...the water/liquid textures don't show up! They're pure white! What am I doing wrong?

more info please!

-Doomsday version
-ZDoom version
-Confirmation that IWAD is original and non-corrupt
-Any other info you deem necessary to give us

Doomsday 1.15.0
zdoomgl_075

I don't actually know about the IWAD. It wasn't originally having problems, so I don't know how it would have been corrupted or why it works with Legacy. Not to mention I've tried different copies of the IWAD obtained from different sources, and no luck! Same problem!

What about the standard engines, Doom or Doom95? Do they have that problem?

It's got to be some hardware rendering issue. That's an old version of Doomsday, and ZDoomGL hasn't been in development for a while. Got to the Doomsday site and get the latest version. I'd suggest trying GZDoom instead of ZDoomGL, if you want a hardware (GL) version of ZDoom.

Yeah, GZDoom rocks at hardware rendering, looks better than Doomsday at times, and has ten times the moddability.

rabidrage said:

I've got a bit of a problem with source ports...Doom Legacy works fine for me, but Doomsday and ZDoom both have the same problem...the water/liquid textures don't show up! They're pure white! What am I doing wrong?

also, are you adding new textures of your own that seem to cause these problems? do other animated flats (floors) give the same problem?

myk said:

GZdoom

this is the only source port i bother to use. it's hardware rendering is by far the best, so i'd give it a shot.