Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Outer the Darkness and into the Night

At the moment the download link in his blog appears to be dead. Boy I can't wait to grab this one. Always outstanding work from all those guys. may be the others will release theirs as well or combine what they have. Shucks I wouldn't mind just a few maps combined from that talented group of mappers.

Both links seem to work fine for me. Its a shame that this project is dead. Was looking forward to this a few months back, was about the 3rd time i visited the forums. Oh well.....Tommorow is just another day i guess :(

EDIT: I just played through the level now, I can say its gameplay and detail is on the dot perfect! I had no idea there would be a cyberdemon in there though! Such a good map to play!

It's always depressing when a Doom project is canceled...

Just finished playing this map. Very very nice. I love hell themed maps and the visuals on this one are excellent. Gameplay on UV was hectic and fast paced. Had me cussing all thru the level over the diabolical game play haha

Great job!

What a gem we would have missed if this wasn't released! Download highly recommended, great job Varun!

What a fuckin' drag. The damn thing still doesn't work when I try to download it. Would it be possible for someone to upload it somewhere?

In my humble opinion it would have been better to release what we had done as one package, even without a boss map (which is what I am going to do with Visions of Eternity btw. Some day, more or less soon). Releasing these maps on their own is not as fun as the full thing. But I've been dumb enough not to intervene when the idea came up... :-(

And since my map happens to contain the darned secret level exit that requires some thorough exploring, I could either take it out (thus removing half the fun playing the map) or create a secret map, which would probably never happen. I have no idea about what I'm going to do with my map.

Still, Varun's map is simply great, as with all the other levels we had done.

TobyM said:
And since my map happens to contain the darned secret level exit that requires some thorough exploring, I could either take it out (thus removing half the fun playing the map) or create a secret map, which would probably never happen. I have no idea about what I'm going to do with my map.

Leave it that way, with an alternate exit (it adds more speed running potential, at least). You could always upload the secret level later if you get the inspiration, but the absence of the secret level isn't going to affect your level itself.