Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Did lost souls appear in episode 2?

Did any lost souls appear in episode 2 of the ultimate Doom? I am working on a episode project and i don't want any enemy's that were not in episode 2.

Yes, they appear in episode 2. If you're playing on easy skill, there will be a lost soul in e2m1 instead of a cacodemon in one area, and if you're playing on a harder skill, a few of them show up in e2m2. I don't remember which of the other e2 maps they show up in, but they are definitely there. :p

The Doom FAQ is old, but still offers a lot of information:

*10-7-1-3*: Shores of Hell
--------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------
         Level          1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9
         Humans         15   0    18   2    14   11   0    0    0
         Sergeants      10   0    1    6    22   11   4    0    0
         Imps           14   82   27   27   40   39   46   0    0
         Demons         11   19   17   17   26   35   33   0    0
         Spectres       1    2    2    2    0    3    5    0    0
         Lost Souls     0    12   14   11   26   30   0    20   0
         Cacodemons     3    0    6    11   6    9    5    0    10
         Barons of Hell 0    0    4    4    3    2    0    0    4
         Cyberdemon     0    0    0    0    0    0    0    1    0

There's tons of them on E2M8. Half the point of that level was to avoid blowing yourself up with the rocket launcher when the lost souls are attacking you. :D

Haven't played Doom in a while haven't we?

Non-Fanatic_Doom_Fan said:

If you were that hardcore of a gamer you'd have played through it real quick to find out.

I like Doom allot, but no so much that i would play through a hole episode just to find out if it has lost souls in it.

I have played allot of Doom but mostly fan made iwads. I have not played episode 2 for a while.

hardcore_gamer said:

fan made iwads

I think you mean pwads. Iwads are only the main wads themselves like Doom.wad, Doom2.wad so on and so forth.

E2m5 sticks out... the room leading to the secret level is a trap that has several of them surrounding you.

hardcore_gamer said:

I am working on a episode project and i don't want any enemy's that were not in episode 2.

Here's what Episode 2 lacks:
- Masterminds
- BFG 9000s
- Invulnerabilities in early maps
- trees and brown thorns
- impaled former humans, IF I'M NOT WRONG!
- more than 4 barons per level. E2 has at most 4 barons, E3 at most 5 barons
- that lip-eye gross skin switch
- teleport GATE4 exits for regular levels. Use the same elevator-exit-style as E1, unless you map something secret or more hellish
- exclusive usage of skull switch trios

I also find E2 to be really two-dimensional, lacking vertical thrills such as walkways above green slime or tall rooms altogether. Stay away from E4/Doom2 style.

printz said:

Stay away from E4/Doom2 style.

I never really liked most of the maps from
Doom2 and E4. Doom2 levels played nothing like the ones from Doom1 and some of the maps from Episode 4 looked like they had bin made by people that were extremely bored when making them. The gameplay did not appeal to my ether as it had most of the things i hate:

-Masterminds and cyberdemons in the same room.

-very hard gameplay anywhere and all the time.

-Some of the maps looked blend as hell with all of those wood textures.

hardcore_gamer said:

things i hate:

Even when they fight each other for you?

hardcore_gamer said:

The gameplay did not appeal to my ether as it had most of the things i hate:

-very hard gameplay anywhere and all the time.

-Some of the maps looked blend as hell with all of those wood textures.

1. One will kill the other.

2. Yeah it gets hard but that's what makes it a challenge!

3. Well you got a point there.

Non-Fanatic_Doom_Fan said:

If you were that hardcore of a gamer you'd have played through it real quick to find out.

For one, leave the dude alone (he might be new), for 2, whom are you to judge... You should be welcoming new people.
On the subject, I thought there was one in a secret in E2...? Looks like I have to play through and look. :P
And dont call ME a noob dude...

I was waitin for one of these online toughguys... Hey comrade, obviously harcore_gamer understood that I was just fuckin with him, since he had a pretty lighthearted response to me suggesting he play through it to find out. Apparently such a concept of sarcasm is beyond your comprehension. I doubt he's new, since he's labeled a Member, and I was just fuckin with him. I haven't called - nor do I have any intentions of calling - you a noob, so I dunno what that was supposed to mean. AND if ur gonna stick your nose in stuff not pertaining to you, I suggest you read into things a bit more. I was just kiddin with the guy. No need to give yourself a nervous breakdown.
And yes there were a whole bunch in the secret room that leads to the secret level E2M9, if that's what you meant.

hardcore_gamer said:

I like Doom allot, but no so much that i would play through a hole episode just to find out if it has lost souls in it.

Whole, actually.

And seriously, what kind of question is this? There are a myriad of better ways to find out. Chances are it's been asked/answered before.

OK, the question has been answered (and yes, the original poster could have found out for himself in a number of ways with just a minute or so's effort), and I foresee nothing good coming from leaving this open again longer.

Also, please take any smack-talk some place else.