Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stealthy Ivan

Kill percentage (old school)

What was your highest kill percentage on DooM 2's map30? If I can remember correctly I had a few thousand. I'm sure you old school doomers have all done this befor. :P When I was board I would play map30 with the cheats on and just see how many things I could kill! :)

Not surprisingly, my highest % was the first time I played it, thinking that the enemies would STOP! I got around 4000 on ITYTD.

Kai-Uwe Humpert showed in 1996 that there is a straightforward way to get practically unlimited kills on map30, which pretty much killed off interest in this challenge. Getting the best percentage would consist of starting off the way he does, leaving the computer running for a loooong time, and then coming back for the last minute or so and hopefully not screwing up.

But wouldn't some list eventually overflow and crash the engine, as you continued to add corpse/gib Things to the map?  At the very least, your computer would exhaust its virtual memory.

I used to crash out of Doom on my 486 and later my Pentium II regularly if I played Map30 long enough.