Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fezzador

zdoom gripe

I tried posting this in the zdoom forum but that place is rather dead so I'll see if this place gets a quicker response.

Whenever I run zdoom, I keep getting these foreign-looking characters (vowels with diacritical marks, grave accents, greek-like letters, ect) instead of regular text. When I start it up I can type in there no problem but about a minute into the game it changes to these weird characters.

how can this be fixed?

TheDarkArchon said:

15 minutes without a reply means the forums dead?

LOLWUT

Haha!
Looks like someone has ADD...

Grow up kids.

Maybe it's not such a bad idea to try different places some of those zdoom forums haven't been touched in days.

wow, 3 responces and no help, nice going guys, you are now officially useless. :P

Anyhoo, have you tried reinstalling ZDoom?

Shut up TDA!

There is no need for a simple help request to turn into a flamefest just because the Zdoom forums were quiet for awhile!

Who are you to tell someone to shut up?
It's not even your thread, so I suggest following the advice you just gave to TDA...

Anyway, back on topic;

Does these foreign characters appear somewhere else outside of Zdoom? How about other ports?
I'm not that experienced in this area, but to me it seems that it is a problem with your OS configuration or something like that, rather than a Zdoom bug...

Like Kappes Buur said on the Zdoom forums, posting any additional information about your system you can get might help finding the cause for this issue!

Sounds to me like you accidentally changed the language. Check the option menus for a language setting.

@Vader: If you'd take a little time to actually read my post, you'd see why I said "shut up".

@Ajapted: If it was the language setting, would it really take a minute or two to kick in after startup?

Im not sure, since I've never had to deal with the language thing.

Steeveeo said:

@Ajapted: If it was the language setting, would it really take a minute or two to kick in after startup?

It is possible that all the in-game strings have translations but all the menus are in English, either because they have no translations or more likely the engine doesn't support translating them.

According to him, all the text got changed after a minute or two of play, that means that it was fien for a while, assuming by text he meant the console and chatline.

I suggest to order your head and then type, ADD! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Vegeta said:

I suggest to order your head and then type, ADD! Sorry I couldn't resist.

I bet you couldve resisted if you tried. Not funny nor helpful.

Steeveeo said:

I bet you couldve resisted if you tried. Not funny nor helpful.

Oops.. sorry about fezzador, I thought he was an imp!

fezzador said:

I tried posting this in the zdoom forum but that place is rather dead so I'll see if this place gets a quicker response ...

You not only tried, but you really did post.

My crack about the universal translator was my attempt at some levity, not to be taken seriously.

However, the requests following you should have taken seriously. They were meant to narrow down the possible cause of your dilemma. If you cannot be bothered to supply the requested information, then blame yourself and not a "slow" forum.