Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D3k1T

Doom Rampage Edition: A Doom Modification Preservation Society Re-release!

D3k1T said:

We, the Doom Modification Preservation Team, the creators of other fine modifications, is proud to present to you a digitally remastered and restored version of the once-thought-forever-lost Doom modification: Doom Rampage Edition!

What the world needs now
is shit, sweet shit
it's the only thing
that there's just too little of
What the world needs now
is shit, sweet shit,
no not just for some
but for everyone.

GGG said:

What the world needs now
is shit, sweet shit
it's the only thing
that there's just too little of
What the world needs now
is shit, sweet shit,
no not just for some
but for everyone.

Hur hur hur hur.

Doom Modification Preservation Society needs to stop abusing prescription drugs. Tut's tomb this shit is not.

That has to be the best megawad I ever played. I love how the author used the extra things from zdoom to his need, absolut the best zdoom wad ever. Make a DRE 2 now, I demand it.

Wow this is so cool! You get to play as a REAL demon... AND HE USES GUNS!!!

*asplodes*

deathbringer said:

It's just a shame Doom Rampage never actually posted on here. His own forums/news updates where solid-gold reading, but have been deleted now, and his site has become some shitty "clan" site

Actually, he's the creator of this very thread.

Can someone post the link to the Auferstehung thread? That must be the second worst wad ever made. I wanna see the discussion!

OK...it's really not that hard to get hold of DRE, if you know where to look.

I won't bother contributing to the "preservation" attempt, however I tried both the original and a "lite" version that has been around, and I can at least answer the bit about ZDoom 2.0.47: the textures and visuals in general just break with anything higher than that.

And yeah, it's as bad and disappointing as they say, 'nuff said. I'd like the Angry Video Game Nerd to actually review that...

Steeveeo said:

And four out of five say that this wad is a steaming pile of feces.

I'd say it totally deserves the prestigious "Gorilla Anus" award. Actually, 10 gorilla anuses. And that comes from someone who admits having wasted some time of his life locating the dreaded dre.rar file (and the lite version) and eventually having been "rewarded". Bleah, fuckballs.

Mancubus II said:

Actually, he's the creator of this very thread.

Benefit of the doubt, anyone? :-p

This wad likely isn- OMG. This is the worst wa- ok, third worst wad ever. I will give him one thing. Good story. Aside from that, BAD. Final verdict: 0.0001/10 (good mood today)

Bingbing said:

Can someone post the link to the Auferstehung thread? That must be the second worst wad ever made. I wanna see the discussion!

Looking for this?

Bingbing said:

I'd like to see that one too :-S For now, I only found this download link (lite version?) http://www.doomwadstation.com/main/auferstehung/

Edit: Oh maybe you meant this? http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/38144-auferstehung-has-been-released/

Hahah, oh man, I was actually looking for this for quite a while! I admit, when I played the first level I didn't think it was /so/ bad, but then it started getting more and more tedious and retarded, and by level 3 I really could see why this WAD is so brutally insulted. After briefly warping to each map and then killing the final boss, I actually felt physically sick afterwards, haha. Oh wellz, at least I got to play it finally.

Just saw the auferstehung link...wow...it's incredible how DRE-class mappers and modders all follow a very similar and predictable pattern throughout the ages. It's almost scary I'd say.

There were some referrences in the Auferstehung thread about two wads named "thissux" and "1337". They said both were bad. Any further info?

EDIT: Just to be safe, DON'T say this is news. It MIGHT work as a joke newspost, but otherwise... NO.

Well, 1337.wad is not particularly controversial, just your standard run-off-the-mill bad jokewad.

Thissux...well I've never played it, check it out if you dare.

WARNING: THIS THREAD HAS REACHED THE CRITICAL MASS FOR BADNESS!!! HOW BAD??? REAL BAD!!! IT'S LIKE 12.0 ON THE 10.0 SCALE OF BADNESS!!! POSTING BEYOND THIS POINT CAN AND WILL CAUSE PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE!!! DO NOT OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY FOR 10 HOURS AFTER READING THIS THREAD!!!

Bingbing said:

Any other Rampage like wads other than the 4 in this thread?

If you mean in terms of shittiness, wow.wad is a classic.

Wow.wad. The most infamous bad wad EVER. No effort, no gameplay, no fun, but still famous. That, plus the whole "Illuso-pit" is actually a good idea. Make it really deep, and hope the demons fall into it!

I know of one other, but it's so horrible that I'm not sure I should mention it.

Bingbing said:

Any other Rampage like wads other than the 4 in this thread?

There is also this little gem over here, dubbed friendly as "Anally retentive Doom".

You can also read my in-depth analysis of it if you aren't particularly fond of poking at its guts with XWE :-)

It takes a while to acknoledge its badness, but when it does, the effect is truly potent, almost DRE and Auferstehung-like ;-)

Alright, you asked for it.

The one I'm talking about is Sadhusct.

The horror...
The horror...

The horror...

Ok. That was 70 times worse than Doom Rampage Edition. Find something worse!

EDIT: We could also make a new thread and bash it instead.