Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D3k1T

Doom Rampage Edition: A Doom Modification Preservation Society Re-release!

Ichor said:

Alright, you asked for it.

The one I'm talking about is Sadhusct.

The horror...The horror...The horror...

Aaaaaagh!
Burns...stings...

That's about as bad as it gets. Although you could try The Sky May Be, which many people think falls into the "so bad it's good" category.

Tried, quit 3 seconds after I started. It's still on my hard drive.

EDIT: Also, I remember there was some sort of bad wad contest on the ZDoom forums. Any links?

EDIT 2: Typo on seconds.

I don't know anything about that. I don't post over there that often.

I've just spent the whole day trying to get over playing that .wad.
I only got to map03 before going blind and passing out in my own vomit.

Things I liked: The idea behind map01.

Thats it.

The horror :(

And that awful MIDI of Chop Suey...

Ichor said:

That's about as bad as it gets. Although you could try The Sky May Be, which many people think falls into the "so bad it's good" category.

I put Action Doom in that category.

I don't think D:RE is actually a terrible mod... just painfully mediocre. However, so many things compounded to make it terrible... largely the author's ranting. But having to use an old exe, failed skyboxes, boring enemies, repetitive game play, dull architecture... all combined in one. There is nothing inherently "worst wad ever" about any of it... but somehow... it all fits together to push everyones buttons just right and be really bad.

Ichor said:

Alright, you asked for it.

The one I'm talking about is Sadhusct.

The horror...

I just tried that and...well, read my review's comment. However, it still amazes me how PWADs can turn Doom into something even better than Doom initially was, or into a grotesque visual, aural and mental cacophony, something taken out of a sick mind's dream, that really feels like a grotesque tumor growing on Doom's body. It's amazing in a sick, perverted way.

If you mean Doom Rampage Edition, it's (semi) understandable. If you meant Sadhusct, please remove your brain, put it in the wash, squirt febreeze on it, put it in a nuclear reactor for 10 seconds, and then put it back into your head. That should solve the problem.

Bingbing said:

If you mean Doom Rampage Edition, it's (semi) understandable. If you meant Sadhusct, please remove your brain, put it in the wash, squirt febreeze on it, put it in a nuclear reactor for 10 seconds, and then put it back into your head. That should solve the problem.

Ummmm...
Explain the role of FeBreeze(tm) in this procedure.

Scuba Steve said:

but somehow... it all fits together to push everyones buttons just right and be really bad.

Isn't that what qualifies something 'really bad'? Sure there's some garbage out there that's technically worse but let's be honest: If you see a Sadhusct.wad you have a good laugh, shrug it off and life continues. DRE is something totally different...

Ichor said:

I thought I recognized it from somewhere.

Equinox anyone!?

Bingbing said:

Wow.wad. The most infamous bad wad EVER. No effort, no gameplay, no fun, but still famous. That, plus the whole "Illuso-pit" is actually a good idea. Make it really deep, and hope the demons fall into it!

especially the cacodemons...

Graf Zahl said:

Isn't that what qualifies something 'really bad'? Sure there's some garbage out there that's technically worse but let's be honest: If you see a Sadhusct.wad you have a good laugh, shrug it off and life continues. DRE is something totally different...

I'd recken less work went into mock2 than dre, and atleast that was funny.

"Hmm... too much detail." haha I loved that.

doom2day said:

Equinox anyone!?

If you mean Equinox was a bad wad, then i also must have bad taste because i love it! Anyway about sadhusct. Is it torture to play it? because im downloading it right now......

Sadhusct? It made me laugh out of the sheer way it totally distorted and nullified Doom and all that it used to stand for. Definitively worth a look, if you can take it with philosophy.

Speaking of Sadhusct, I never did like the fact that the dehacked patch made the player unable to move.

About Doom: Rampage Edition, let's just say I thought it was like the Daikatana of doom projects.

That would be because the patch made the player several million units tall. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

for sadhusct, that is...

Oh dear god. I thought this was a jokewad that went horribly wrong. I cant believe i played through the whole thing. DeHaCkEd work looked ok though. Im never downloading something like that again.

when i saw this thread, i lawled so much
lawl lawl lawl lawl lawl

seriously, do some research on the wads you re-release

o lawrd almity....i just decided to try it for the heck of it, i mean, it couldnt be that bad could it? its jut a computer game...but holy f*#k my eyes and brain still hurt and my arms are twitchin like i'm havin a mini seizure this spelling might look ok but i had to rewrite almost every word (honestly)...i could make up somethin about wakin up in a pool of vomit after a spazm but i thought i should say the things that really happened, like my now double-vison after playin the last level.......

oh yeah and the level design was GODDANG FLIPPIN AWFUL!

...and i'm never talkin about it ever again

Anybody know of the joke wad of DRE. It was 1 level for EDGE, and The author said something like "he could pull a better mod out of his ass... so he went ahead and did it"

I thought it was good. Anybody else know it?

Indeed it was.

The idea of playing as a Baron of Hell, it looks and sounds like a good idea. But seems to be done wrongly.... Very Wrongly, =S

Nope, but the package contains more text files than the one that is (still) being given out by a certain doom-related site. Those who know, don't tell. Those who don't, don't ask.