Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AgentOrange

Project Idea #2 KillZone

This one will be on Legacy (or zdoom if i ever figure it out) and the plot behind it is after the original doom's, UAC opens the portals once again but this time they are able to keep the hellspawn at bay with their new invention: the Clone Marine

later on a media morgul decides to create the bloody sport of KillZone, where the clone marines battle hellspawn in different places with different goals, aka get through the level alive, stay alive for a certain amount of time while monsters keep comin' in, stealth missions, assassin missions, etc. also i was thinkin of addin a deathmatch idea in there, like addin a couple of bots for a Clone Marine Deathmatch level or somethin.

also u start out as Clone 2-666, brother clone of the current champion of KillZone Clone 1-666, so u seem destined for great glory in the Zone (so of course there's the boss battle versus Clone 1-666, i was thinkin of just makin him a fast, tough sprite)

but through all this u see how evil and cruel of a sport this is, al this mindless killing of clones, contestants and hellspawn, and after u defeat 1-666 u enter the KillZone facility and take out the facility and show once and for all.

and of course u get new guns but not sure about new baddies...
new guns are all under one ammo type (plasma cells) but different guns do different things like of course plasma pistol, plasma machine gun, plasma rifle (like pistol shot), plasma tommy-gun (super shotgun) and so forth

sound like a good idea? or questions/comments/tips/watever?

If, just if, you're going to have like 17 project ideas, please don't make 17 threads.

...only problem is dont got the best imagination, not very good at level layouts...i'm ok with theme and placement of sprites just not so good at makin up level layouts/architecture/etc

thats why i like this idea cause it doesnt have to be as form-follows-function, just make levels for deathmatch or watever and make them into a gameshow-like challenge

like for example i'm still messin around at makin level1 like a practice, like a complex where u test shooting, moving around/jumping/interacting with scenery, etc...sorta thinkin like twilight.wad map01 style sorta...)

This wad has the exact same plot as the ps2 game Ratchet:Deadlocked.

yes it does :P ...that's sorta my inspiration for this idea

also this isn't my main project at the moment, i'm workin on the Ultimate Doom one, got 2maps done so far, maybe if u'd like to see 'em i'll figure out how to upload 'em...either that or i can send the file via email or msn or something...

i have the pwad for killzone all set up i just dont got the levels, i have new guns for it too but i'm thinkin of switchin them over to the plasma guns...

AgentOrange said:

also this isn't my main project at the moment, i'm workin on the Ultimate Doom one, got 2maps done so far, maybe if u'd like to see 'em i'll figure out how to upload 'em...either that or i can send the file via email or msn or something...

I'd like them emailed, please, if it's not too much trouble.

AgentOrange said:

yes it does :P ...that's sorta my inspiration for this idea

You mean to say it's not really your idea at all?

Also, I fully endorse this project. In fact, you should get started on the sequel right away. I have a name for it: MeatKillZone, the Final Destiny.

In this chapter, our hero fights a demonic entity who lives in a series of locker-room type levels! Everything he put in his locker comes out looking like a daemon!!1! This would also employ use of the plasma pistol, plasma tommy-gun, plasma taser, and the plasma plasma gun. Hey at least it doesn't copy some other game.

AgentOrange said:

a media morgul

nice to know the witchking had a fallback plan after the fall of sauron. I knew that chick didn't really kill him :P

that said, good luck with your project(s).

AgentOrange said:

...only problem is dont got the best imagination, not very good at level layouts...i'm ok with theme and placement of sprites just not so good at makin up level layouts/architecture/etc

That's because you're young and your brain has yet to fully mature. Wait about seven years, and in the mean time make a lot of practice levels. Experiment and try to do what you think you aren't good at. Join existing projects and offer your help to others. Follow level building tutorials and play plenty of levels from established wad authors. After a few years you should notice improvement in your work. Then after seven years have passed, your skills will likely reach the point where your work will be commendable. That's when you should come back and talk about your upcoming projects.

GGG said:

That's because you're young and your brain has yet to fully mature. Wait about seven years...

um...yeah 7yrs? i'll probably have forgotten all about this by then :P

AgentOrange said:

um...yeah 7yrs? i'll probably have forgotten all about this by then :P

I'm guessing we'll all forget about it in a month.