• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[LeD]Jake Crusher

Enter the Doom - Lucido Attack

Hello. Dear doomers, I need your help.
The name of this thread is such because of that:
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Enter_the_Doom_Chapter_I:_Lucido_Attack
And the problem is - I`ve translated this game into English, and I need someone, who will check the translation`s text for grammatical or spelling errors.
Can anyone please help me?
Of course, I will add the names of those doomers, who will help us, in the game!

Isn't it sufficient to say Enter Doom... instead of Enter the Doom...? Or keep it as it is, it's more funny this way.

printz said:

Isn't it sufficient to say Enter Doom... instead of Enter the Doom...? Or keep it as it is, it's more funny this way.

Judging by the title, I'll have a lot of correcting ahead of me.

This is something best done as a team. The first person translates it from their native language, then you have a few editors to read over it and correct any mistakes, as having more than one person well versed in english always helps. I would help if I wasn't so busy. :/

The game starts as MAZter launching ZDaemon, to play Doom. After some time on server, he`s suddenly found that everything became into reality. But thinking of it as another bug of the game...

Good stuff!

Richo Rosai said:

The game starts as MAZter launching ZDaemon, to play Doom. After some time on server, he`s suddenly found that everything became into reality. But thinking of it as another bug of the game...

Good stuff!

Oh lord, what am I getting into?

Yeah, ZDaemon is pretty famous for its life-shattering bugs. Once I installed it and my toilet blew up.

Danarchy said:

Yeah, ZDaemon is pretty famous for its life-shattering bugs. Once I installed it and my toilet blew up.

You got lucky. Once a giant cock came out of my computer and started chasing me around the house. Eventually bludgeoned the bastard with my computer chair.

TheDarkArchon said:

You got lucky. Once a giant cock came out of my computer and started chasing me around the house. Eventually bludgeoned the bastard with my computer chair.

That's nothing! One time zDaemon stabbed my cat in the eye and broiled my parrot with vegetables.

Guys, maybe we should stop discussing that...strange ZDaemon stuff, and discuss instead - will someone help me to check that text or not?
We want to release that game for you ASAP! :)

[LeD]Jake Crusher said:
Guys, maybe we should stop discussing that...strange ZDaemon stuff, and discuss instead - will someone help me to check that text or not?
We want to release that game for you ASAP! :)

On a forum, you've got to expect your thread to branch off in many directions.
And I'm more than happy to check your grammar and spelling!

[LeD]Jake Crusher said:
OK then, yomoneyboat - I`m giving my ICQ number to you, since you agreed to help me.
493-709-034
There, I`ll send the translation text to you. OK?

What the- couldn't you just email it to me?

[LeD]Jake Crusher said:
OK, I`ll mail that thing.

Great! I'll check it, fix it, and email it back to you when I'm done.

[LeD]Jake Crusher said:
I`ve already sent that text to you. Chech the mail. :)

Dude, sorry, but I had no idea how awful the translation would be. I've had to fix almost every word. I just can't do 50 more pages... it's just impossible.
And the plot is terrible.

Guys, sorry for not posting here for some time - but I`m asking you JUST to check the text. What`s the meaning to say that "plot is terrible"?
Just check the text - and let the gamers decide, what kind of plot that is, OK?

yomoneyboat, maybe you could help us at least by checking some pages in a day?

[LeD]Jake Crusher said:
Guys, sorry for not posting here for some time - but I`m asking you JUST to check the text. What`s the meaning to say that "plot is terrible"?
Just check the text - and let the gamers decide, what kind of plot that is, OK?

yomoneyboat, maybe you could help us at least by checking some pages in a day?

I've got better things to do than fix Engrish.

I think if the plot were awesome, or if the English only required minor tweaking, somebody might be willing to work on the project for you.

But neither of those being the case, you might have trouble finding anyone.

OK, then - if no-one can help me, well, I think that I`ll try to make it out on my own. As for the plot...you see, I wasn`t in charge for it...
anyway, I don`t think that the plot is too terrible...it`s not like Kill Bill, you know :)

At least, I though that some of you could at least check 4-5 pages, and correct any mistakes. And the number of checking people could be not only one, but more...come on guys, you know English better than me! :)

[LeD]Jake Crusher said:
come on guys, you know English better than me! :)

You've finally said something I agree with.
Seriously, BabelFish needs an Engrish to English feature.

OK, guys. It`s been a long time since I logged here last time. :)
A plenty of things to say, BUT!

...Enter the Doom chapter 1 - Lucido Attack is released. As English version. :)

If you want to play it - you can grab it here:
http://www.etd-game.org/files/EtD1Setup.exe

And if you want to say something about the game - you can do that here:
http://etd-game.org/forum/

BTW - yes, you can throw rocks at me for wrong English (if I done any in the gane), BUT! since no-one helped me to make a normal English variant, I tried to do that on my own.

Well, you decide, if my try was successful - or not. :)