Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peanut

ACS sound activation

Hey, I need some help here. I am working on a wad and i need some help with sound activation via ACS scripting. I know that there is one known as "Ambientsound" but i also know there is another. I remember seeing it when i was going through some scripts of different wads but i can't remember what the script was or the name of the wad. So i was wondering if anyone knew and if you did would you please tell me, i would appreciate it if you did. Thank you.

ThingSound(origin tid, "sound name", play volume); makes the sound play as if it were actually coming from that point instead of all across the level.

Well actually the one i am talking about lets you use the .wav names from the Iwads, like the wav sound "DSPSTOP" and such. I have seen it somewhere but i can't remember.

Im pretty sure you can put that in on any of the sound functions and have it play, just as long as it has the apropriate SNDINFO lump. ZDoom should have all the default stuff in the ZDoom.pk3 file.

nightmare93 said:

Well actually the one i am talking about lets you use the .wav names from the Iwads, like the wav sound "DSPSTOP" and such. I have seen it somewhere but i can't remember.

I dunno where you saw it but all the Zdoom sond playing functions use the SNDINFO defined names to play sounds, not the "WAV" names. If you want to use DSPSTOP, you use the name allocated to it in the SNDINFO lump from zdooom.pk3

plats/pt1_stop			dspstop
So you'd use
LocalAmbientsound ("plats/pt1_stop", 127);

then you make a custom SNDINFO lump (using XWE or SLumpEd or somtm) and add your sound definition in there.

Note: You do not need to add the default sounds in.

Heres a Link. There's all the info you need for ZDoom's SNDINFO lump.