Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DJShrimpy

Phobos Reloaded E1M1

Looks nice! Only thing I thought was funny was in the top right screen. Why use the Nuke24 texture when the texture isn't actually touching the acid?

Looks nice indeed! The only thing that bothers my that the level look a bit to much like E1M1, even for a remake. Try to at least add new areas along with making your own version of the level, assuming that is what you were doing.

Looks excellent. If KDIZD hadn't set such a high standard for remakes, I'd call it perfect.

hardcore_gamer said:

Try to at least add new areas along with making your own version of the level, assuming that is what you were doing.

Maybe you should try actually playing the wad.

The map has more new areas than original areas and its an cool little map some surprises that caught me off guard not an really hard map and detail was good.

hawklord said:

it won't run, i just get an error, saying 'missing texture in BRNBIGC'.

You're using DooM2.exe and DooM2.wad to play it. You need to use DooM.exe and DooM.wad (i.e., Ultimate DooM).

Alternatively, you can use a source port such as ZDooM, which will insert a default texture for every missing texture encountered. Of course, this defeats the purpose of playing a wad, doesn't it?

yomoneyboat said:

Looks excellent. If KDIZD hadn't set such a high standard for remakes, I'd call it perfect.

I lol'd

Yes, nice indeed.

My findings ...

1) Sector 182 area has too many ceiling textures and light levels.

2) Give sectors 375\376 a light level of 176. In fact if you imagine that the nukage would give off light, these sectors could even have a lower light level.

3) Player can get trapped at sector 373 when lowered - the side without a teleporter.

4) Line 2059 should have had texture BROWNGRN.

5) Lines 2222, 2168, 2465 and 2454 would look better with a length of 8.

6) Line 2529 should have had the texture METAL.

7) Lines 2458 and 2475 would look better with texture BROWNGRN and the X offset removed.

8) Give lines 2481 and 2527 a Y offset of -8.

9) Line 2742 would look better with a length of 95.

10)Give the beams at lift sectors 473 and 430 an X alignment.

11) Put in some sector effect 9 secrets.