Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

New weapons, Opinions plz...

ok, I have started drawing my own sprites, and I would like an opinion on some new weapon sprites i have been drawing. these are far from finished, so i would like some input on how to improve them.

EDIT: Here's my latest Detailed Version. Any comments on this. Are you there scuba?

Nothing wrong with the sprite so far, but you may want to make it point a little further outward (i.e. the gun barrel turned more to the right side of the screen). As it is now, it looks like it's aiming at a spot about 10 feet away.

You're off to a good start but your perspective is off. Use vanishing lines/points to correct the perspective.

yomoneyboat said:

Meh, a bit too cartoony for my tastes.

i still have to do shading, so it ought to look cartoony for now.. im gonna add some more details like bolts, rust, shadows, grain... yeah. its gonna take a while since im using paint

Janitor said:

i still have to do shading, so it ought to look cartoony for now.. im gonna add some more details like bolts, rust, shadows, grain... yeah. its gonna take a while since im using paint

OH NOES TEH MS PAINT
...But that's cool, I had a feeling you'd add detail.

yomoneyboat said:

OH NOES TEH MS PAINT

possibly the greatest image editing software ever made.

back on topic, how does it look, people?

Use3D said:

You're off to a good start but your perspective is off. Use vanishing lines/points to correct the perspective.

uhhhm, what does this mean? (an example please?) feel free to draw all over that if necessary...

Don't really know how to critique it, I'm more of a centered weapons man.

But I will agree that the perspective is just a bit off.

Could there be any use for these? Just a few weapons I was willing to make for Glassyman, before he lost interest.

i like centered weapons myself, but it does look rather nice.
again, after detail is added, it should look great.
that's the image itself.
the perspective, though, should be lengthened either by bringing the end of the gun up or by bringing the bottom in toward the center.

new pics. this is as "done" as I'm gonna get, I think I'm gonna make another similar to this, but this is my first ever weapon, so here's the final...

By theonejanitor at 2007-08-17

Maes said:

Could there be any use for these? Just a few weapons I was willing to make for Glassyman, before he lost interest.

Heck yes. Send me those images, I'm making a new weapons mod, so any new original weapons are great

EDIT: Animations for reloading would be awesome, and I'm probably gonna make those to have doomguy hands, so keep that in mind.