Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

The /newstuff Chronicles #308

Just finished playing It Only Gets Worse. Easily the best joke wad ever, it's a well executed traumatizing masterpiece. Great sense of humor too.

Bingbing said:

Yeah. Very fun. WARNING: Last level is scary. Ghoul's Forest scary. For a good reason.

Haha, that one made me jump because it was a little different in the beta I played.

dethtoll said:

GF3 was pretty traumatizing in itself.

Instructions for use: download, play, defecate, delete and swear to never play again, repeat a week later.

Giulio Galassi Is Dead

That kids really desperate for attention.

Use3D said:

Chris Hansen's and Chris Lutz's work buried amongst the crap, be sure to download them posthaste!

Seconding this. The Dying End is the best single map this year thus far.

leileilol said:

it could do without harlequin fetus and other snuff though

Could have been worse, I could have added FURRIES

the iron hitman said:

huzzah for The /newstuff Chronicles! May we kiss the feet of the reviewer for making sure to us all that newstuff is alive!!

Um, you have fun with that.

Demons of Problematique was easily the best wad of the NEWSTUFF...

I had no trouble blasting through it, it was very atmospheric, and it's something I enjoyed playing through a second time while blasting some atmospheric funeral doom metal.

glad to see the newstuff is back, lets hope some more wadsters are encouraged enough to start mapping again. Nice to see chris lutz and chris hanson are still busy inspiring the rest of us.

And you know, just before I checked to see if there was a new newstuff (I do every day, don't ask why >.>), I was thinking, "That's it, next thing we know deathz0r will come in shouting, "/NEWSTUFF/'S CLOSED DUE TO AIDS!!", and then proceed to write reviews consisting of DESU DESU DESU."

But you didn't.

Which is a good thing.

Csonicgo said:

Ruba please stop :(

Or just make a megawad... or is that what Ruba already does and cranks out a new megawad each week?

Has been a long time without "newstuff chronicles"... But thanks.
BTW, you missed a weird Doom2 WAD called "The Global War Against Terrorism". A little polemic, for the comments in the map page in the archive, a bit weird... And a lot of crap, but at least made mi laugh.

PD: Hi all, I'm new in the forum, though I've been reading Doomworld for several years.

Though I bet if you saw this via the forums (hey dudes, the front page does exist) this prank wouldn't have worked at all. Oh well! Sorry ZDoom forums krew!

OH SNAP

Use3D said:

Chris Hansen's and Chris Lutz's work buried amongst the crap, be sure to download them posthaste!

Both are outstanding. Worth many replays.

Use3D said:

I agree with you on Chris Hansen's work, but Lutz's wad was too hard for me even on HMP. I got tired of saving games, getting killed and loading games - over and over - and gave up about a third of the way through. Maybe I'll have a go at it again when I haven't been drinking beer all night.

bad Tango!

Well judging by the shots themselves, he did it as a warning to anybody who might decide to have a go with it anyway, just to see...

The best releases for me this T/nC have been Tango's two wads and Eternal's TNT level.

Ruba is more or less an exact replica of Gulio Galassi, only .0002% less arrogant and .00000000001% more likely to pull a slightly playable wad out of his ass.

And doesnt threaten to kill himself when people ridicule his maps. In fact i don't think he is even aware that the doomworld reviews and /newstuff exists, just makes maps and uploads them and that's it

...or try to 'hack' people's forum accounts by constantly trying to sign in as them and clicking on "forgotten password" thinking he'll get some question to answer and then be told it. HUNDREDS of times

...or register on other doom-related forums as one of his "enemies" usernames, using thier avatar, and flaming people

...or crudely demonise said "enemies" in shitty wads (though Ruba does seem to like Maes)

myk said:

The best releases for me this T/nC have been Tango's two wads and Eternal's TNT level.

Thanks a lot.

deathbringer said:

...or crudely demonise said "enemies" in shitty wads (though Ruba does seem to like Maes)

Probably because he keeps giving him 5/5