Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

"What do you do with the mad that you feel?"

I think the irony of posting this on a site, dedicated to a game where you slaughter endless waves of hellspawn .. is almost comical. :P

udderdude said:

I think the irony of posting this on a site, dedicated to a game where you slaughter endless waves of hellspawn .. is almost comical. :P

Yes, we are all macho people who care about manly things, not sissy crap. I am beating my chest like a silverback gorilla RIGHT NOW.

I love Mr. Rogers, he's been a good example and parental figure to generations of children and his dedication was true and unselfish. A man to truly be respected and celebrated.

Exactly. Where would our kids be if they didn't know how pants and toilets were made?

I still remember the episode where some kid is telling him about this "fun, new arcade game": Donkey Kong.

I found this comment made after Mr. Roger's passing and, well, I think it speaks for itself :

“Fred Rogers was an inspiration to me. I am 35 years old and I have cerebral palsy. Mister Rogers made me feel important and let me know that despite the cerebral palsy and my learning disability, I could make something of myself. The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation told my parents I could not go to college. I have a B.A. in communication and a master’s in rehabilitation sciences. Now, thanks to Mister Rogers, my parents and others, I work with individuals who have mental-retardation and mental-health issues. Thank you, Mister Rogers, for believing in children everywhere and for helping me believe in myself to become the person and the neighbor I am today.”

http://www.wqed.org/mag/0403_remember.shtml

EDIT : I think it'd be incredible if somehow people could raise funding to transfer all 33 seasons of Mr. Rogers to DVDs.

And History's Mysteries.

Also, History International has some good stuff, like Time Team, starring Tony Robinson AKA Baldrick from Blackadder.

The History channels are the one thing I miss about not having cable.

The History channel is a little more interesting than what it sounds like though. You have to give it that.

Never heard of him before. However, reading his Wikipedia article, he sounds like quite a guy.

BoldEnglishman said:

Hmm he's doing washing-machine adverts on TV now, poor guy...

I wouldn't call someone who has passed away and is still making money on TV poor.

exp(x) said:

War is lame.

war is part of history, which is why the channel has so many programs about it, although that is not all they show. either way, war effects change both positive and negative and has given birth to, and toppled nations. we may not agree with every war, much like the "war" in Iraq and the "war on terror", but it still brings about great change and, in a way, is sometimes, but not always, necessary. that said, the history channel should not ignore war just because people don't agree with the concept and think it's "lame".

::edit:: and Mister Rogers was a great childrens show. they don't make them like that anymore and thats a damn shame.

No no no I'm talking about Tony Robinson, sorry should of been more clear :S

EDIT: Reading VileSlay's post, I have to agree. Change happens all the time, but War changes ALOT in a very small amount of time, depending on just how large-scale the war is. Like the World Wars.