Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mithral_Demon

Few things I don't get....

Well first off, I've seen cool maps with the stuff I'm about to say, warped textures and 3D bridges like in Map13 of Requiem...

Warp Textures:
I see that this thing warps the textures, but I don't get how they make the textures warped, I check it on DoomBuilder, the sector with the warped texture has no Sector Effects nor any LineDef actions...

3D Bridge:
I've seen couple of maps with this kind of bridge, kinda like Torm667's bridge and Map13 of Requiem bridge, I don't see how it can be done...specially over 'Deep' water... I can make a bridge that looks like a floor over water...

Is there something I'm missing? Cause the Bridge I made is using Transfer Heights, kinda like making a second story an all. but doesn't cooperate very well when having an 8 spacial difference between the liquid and bridge, and when under I get a HoM.

This is for GZDoom right? Sounds like it.

the warped textures are actually a special animation using shaders. The way to enable it is this:

1. Make a new lump in your wad, call it ANIMDEFS.
2. Open ANIMDEFS and put in a line using these syntax:

WARP flat/wall <lumpname> (Quake1 style liquid, kinda like slime)
WARP2 flat/wall <lumpname> (Nice wavey effect, good for water areas)

For the 3D floors, it can be done multiple ways.

The best one for GZDoom is linetype 160. Just slap that on a reference sector (any sector will do), set up the flags properly, and then the heights of the reference sector will be translated over the tagged sector (reference sector's ceiling becomes the top of the 3d floor, the floor becomes the bottom).

More info here:
http://208.78.96.242/wiki/Sector_Set3dFloor

Steeveeo said:

This is for GZDoom right? Sounds like it.

the warped textures are actually a special animation using shaders. The way to enable it is this:

1. Make a new lump in your wad, call it ANIMDEFS.
2. Open ANIMDEFS and put in a line using these syntax:

WARP flat/wall <lumpname> (Quake1 style liquid, kinda like slime)
WARP2 flat/wall <lumpname> (Nice wavey effect, good for water areas)

No, not for GZdoom, doing it for SkullTag.

Would this go into scripting or XWE?

with XWE you'll want to make a new lump named ANIMDEFS, then follow the instructions above

for non GZDoom/Legacy 3D bridges what you'll want to do is simply set up some lines and give them a back/front mid texture, adjust its offsets so its in the air at the desired height - and then use the ZDoom bridge thing to make it solid for the player to walk over (give the bridge things a position in vertical space by using the "Z height" in Doom Builder).

Steeveeo said:

Ah, ok, Skulltag, you need to specify (clearly enough so even I can read it! XP )

He said he wanted bridges like in map13 of Requiem. Requiem is not a GZDoom wad; it uses the doom.exe midtexture bridge trick. :p

ah well just to specify Mithral_Demon, there is another older way to make bridges which was probably used in Requiem (never played it myself), but the way I described above will work for Skulltag

Probably...I guess I'll dl Requiem and look at it myself if would help any.

Edit::

Damnit..I swear I saw a 3D one in the pic...But eh, I'll have to find one of Torm667's map and find a 3D bridge, I hate K-12 ones cause of lowering the damn texture...

If you want this kind of 3D bridge in ZDoom based ports it's probably best to use the invisible bridge things because they give the most flexibility. You find lots of these bridges in 'The Darkest Hour'.