Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
blarg

Testing Custom Maps Problem

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm trying to run a map using DOOM2, not ZDOOM, the wad is mywad.wad, and uses DOOM2 as it's IWAD. Mywad only has one map, MAP01. Here's what the testing tab under configurations says- -iwad Doom2 -file mywad -warp MAP01
The DB help says to change the ZDoom format to Doom2 by typing in-
-iwad %D –file %F -warp %L
Now the part I don't understand, when I hit test, Doom2 pops up with the message- This copy of Doom2 has been modified..., I press enter to continue, and Doom2 opens the Doom2.wad MAP01, just as if I'd started Doom2 to play single-player.
Any ideas on what to do?

I changed the perimeters to -file mywad -warp MAP01, and nothing's changed. Doom2 opens its own MAP01

Also, I tried to run an error check on my map (F4) and when I clicked check a window popped up saying that DB; "performed an illegal operation and must close."

blarg...

Where did you get the idea to use the wad filename in the parameters? Use what Bloodshedder and the manual and the default settings tell you:

–file %F -warp %L

It is important that you use those placeholders in the parameteres. The file used for testing is a temporary file and does not have the same filename as the wad file you are editing.

Sorry, but I don't understand.
Here's (copy and pasted) what my manual says-

Here are the settings for DOOM II and JDOOM:

"DOOM II; Select the ENGINE executable by clicking on BROWSE and finding doom2.exe in your DOOM2 directory. In the PARAMETERS text box enter:
-iwad %D –file %F -warp %L"

It also says that-
"%F represents the name of the current PWAD you're editing (DEMO.WAD).
%W represents the name of the current IWAD (C:\Doom2\doom2.wad) and path.
%D represents the name of the main IWAD (doom2.wad) without path.
%L represents the entry (or lump) name of the current level or map (MAP01).
%A represents the name of the texture PWAD you loaded (none).
%E represents the Episode number from an EnMn map (eg, DOOM1).
%M represents the Map number from an EnMn or MAPnn (eg, DOOM1 or zDOOM)."

So it seems to me like I should enter -iwad doom2 -file mywad -warp MAP01

but that's obviously wrong because you say to use a different filename, and I don't know what filename that would be.

This must be soo frustrating to you and I'm sorry but I'm completely lost. *blarg*

Don't type any filename in there, just type %F and Doom Builder will recognize that as the position where the filename should go.

ooooohhhhh, ok thx. That sounds right. Any ideas on why it says DB has performed an ilegall operation when I check my map for errors?