Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

doom: halo edition?

before we jump to conclusions about a "HALO TC" project, here's my idea. what if there were a mod that only allowed the player to hold 2 guns at once (halo style) and give a choice to pickup new weapons by replacing 1 old one? of course, some of the weapons would have to be edited to have more unique advantages, but does such a mod exist, and if not, would anyone play it?

That is not such a bad idea, if you combine it with the monsters that run out of ammo (sarge, former humans and chain gunners) it would be a fair match.

Wouldn't work in almost any already existing Doom wads. If it came with its own levels, then sure.

good to know that this is taken seriously. I'm considering making it starting with:

1)making the original doom weapons reload
2) making some of the weapons' attacks more or less powerful to make them balanced

the monsters that run out of ammo aren't such a bad idea, but I don't quite follow the logic of why

Xtife said:

sounds like a great idea, very realistic

I hate it when people say limiting to two weapons is realistic. It isn't. Take Halo 2 for example: Are you saying that a SMG and a pistol weigh the same as a rocket launcher and an anti-materiel sniper rifle?