Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bryant robinson

Best place to store all of my wads?

Is there any other place besides the idgames archives where you guys store all of your personal projects/wads so others can download them. The reason I ask is because I dont want to keep reuploading my wads to the idgames archive to get reviewed over and over again just because I found a small glitch in my map that wasn't worth the rereview. Besides, who would want to look through all the mess in idgames trying to find a decent wad to play anyway?

bryant robinson said:
Besides, who would want to look through all the mess in idgames trying to find a decent wad to play anyway?

Other places are even worse, or else end up disappearing overnight. The archive has at least a bit of quality control, and is historically the oldest actively maintained repository of addons.

There's also a very convenient database to search though it with, with comments and ratings to help people get a 3rd party idea about what they're about to download.

myk said:

4 arguments

Well I downloaded yesterday braham (and vavoom) because I look sometimes hereand pritch praised your wad(qed a4).
The search engine works real well for showing up all your wads. (if you use the same(=exact) author name) and doomworld has a high google ranking, btw.
A vanity argument:
Due to the nature of the archive(+/-mess) and the role of doom in videogame history it's bound to be an academic source in the future.

Bloodshedder said:

Re-uploads aren't reviewed.

Unless you give them a different name and none suspects the trick, of course ;-)