Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

AvP:Requiem

Actually, I'll go ahead and say THAT IS 100% of the movie right there. Unless maybe there is a compelling story or great scenes filled with tension in there...nah.

I have no idea why Aliens is plural in this movie...but it wasn't in the last movie.

It really seems like a departure from the last movie as well. Which is probably a good thing.

Looks like it might be entertaining. I've always really liked the Predator character, but the movies they're put in just aren't very good. The first Predator was okay, the second was god awful, and that Alien VS Predator movie was terrible. The Aliens I've always had a soft spot for as well. I was really disapointed when I found out the first A VS P movie was pg-13 as well. I'll probably end up seeing this, looks like it might be a fun violent romp with two very bad ass alien races.

Captain Red said:

Why are the Predators killing a bunch of teenagers? don't they only attack armed targets?

Yeah, and they only live in hot and humid areas.
Now, Explain the Antarctic froom AvP1

Well no I don't think they really live anywhere seen as their home planet was destroyed iirc. So they just fly around in space all the time and stop off at a planet when they get bored and murder a few people.

The first movie was a dissapointment, but then again I've played both (recent) AvP PC Games. AvP2 has to be one of the most engaging and entertaining FPSs to date.

I wish my current computer could run avp2 properly :(

This trailer doesn't look terrible, though I don't know why they're going with a modern day setting rather then colonies and space marines.

I'm not expecting greatness, but it could be fun at least. and hey, it's title can let me pretend the first AvP doesn't exist!

edit: Wait, never mind, it's going to suck: http://forums.nightly.net/lofiversion/index.php/t39552.html

Oh please not another one the first was allready bad enough combining the two species in one movie is the stupidest thing they did, I consider myself to be an huge predator/alien fan and AvP1 was horrible and this turd looks just as worse.

I heard it was set on Earth because Fox refused to pay for a sci-fi setting. From their perspective they just need to dump enough money for the two title characters in order to draw in enough of the "LOL ACTION THEY KILL EACH OTHER" crowd to guarantee a profit.

Looks like fun. Does anyone else think the AVP-R nickname is a reference to how the first movie was rated PG13 much to many viewers dismay?

Icarus said:

Yeah, and they only live in hot and humid areas.
Now, Explain the Antarctic froom AvP1

I read somewhere that the thermal netting the preds have help regulate temperature, so they can hunt comfortably in even freezing environments like Antartica. Also, those three preds were basically noobs that needed to earn their right of passage by going to the temple buried beneath the ice, so they kind of had to go there.

But after watching this trailer it looks like there wont be any other good kills. Won't be suprised if it ends up being terrible. I'll probably end up watching it anyway.

dutch devil said:

I consider myself to be an huge predator/alien fan and AvP1 was horrible and this turd looks just as worse.

I'd pretty much go with that. I'm probably not as big a fan as you but I thought AvP did neither species/story/franchise/whatever any favours and actually would have gone a long way to sully both had it not been sufficiently different to them to allow me to discount it in the way I would any awful piece of fan fiction that has nothing to do with the original product.

Captain Red said:

Why are the Predators killing a bunch of teenagers? don't they only attack armed targets?

There was a comic book I forget what it was called but the headline in the ad was "The only thing worse then a predator is a predator that breaks the rules." So it's probably based off of that concept with the whole Rogue honorless predators that don't care.

Having now watched the trailer the movie looks like a pile of shit. Can you say crap B-movie teen-slasher horror flick? What a way to cheapen things still further.

Ridley Scott must be spinning in his grav... no wait, he's not dead, spinning in his, um, armchair?

I could've sworn I saw Ripley in there. Everything seemed to be awesome after that point.

But then I realized, it wasn't Sigourney Weaver. Just some chick that looked an awful lot like her from a certain angle.

Watching the trailer again, the worse this movie is the better it will be. Doesn't anyone else enjoy shit? Damn. You all seem to like the Evil Deads a lot

I actually liked the first AvP, but this one is just crappy lookin. some of the kill scenes look ok, but overall it just looks like a very expensive SciFi channel original movie.

Avp 1. Pg 13.

It's like using telletubies plushdolls and gummybears to explain rape and murder during the kosovo war. My dad, 2002.

Aliens vs predator needs more blood, red and green and yellow, less talking, more predator background, a lot more cloaking shadow figting. Less hope for manking and more predator weapons.

BoldEnglishman said:

Yeah what would Ripley be doing hundreds of years before she was even born?

You mean like what would she be doing hundereds of years after she died...? Considering this isn't what i would call canon here, with the xenomorph not really being known to humanity before the events in Alien/Aliens...then it really doesn't matter if ripley was in this movie.

Personally, I always thought that bringing Ripley back for "Aliens" was a mistake. By doing that, they tied the Aliens franchise to Ripley, making it Ripley's story as much as that of the aliens and "requiring" her presence in every movie in the series beyond that - even when it really didn't make sense to have her. In fact, having her involved at all beyond the first movie was starting the stretch credibility and it was pulled very thin by the end of the series.

IMO, Ripley simply wasn't needed for "Aliens". If she hadn't been in it, then there would have been more freedom to follow the story of Man's interaction with the Xenomorphs anywhere they wanted. Also, I didn't find her a particularly special, inspiring or even interesting character.

Enjay said:
there would have been more freedom to follow the story of Man's interaction with the Xenomorphs anywhere they wanted.

Hah, you're envious because they chose to follow the story of Woman's interaction with the Xenomorphs, instead!

I could tolerate Ripley being around hundreds of years after she was born (like Cryogenics for one) but unless they had a time machine (which is lame anyway) there is absolutely no reason for Ripley to be in the past.

But generally Quast, good point. Why should I worry about that when this movie conflicts with the Alien series anyway.

Enjay said:

IMO, Ripley simply wasn't needed for "Aliens". If she hadn't been in it, then there would have been more freedom to follow the story of Man's interaction with the Xenomorphs anywhere they wanted. Also, I didn't find her a particularly special, inspiring or even interesting character.

o_O

I thought she was a great character, and it made perfect sense for her to be in Aliens. After that, though... I would have been happy if they left the characters from Aliens with their happy ending then moved on to some other characters for Alien 3.

In AvP they managed to Lame-include Bishop.

He even does the "knife trick" with a pen, while staring at a computer monitor.

Anyway, I think the character everibody is talking about plays a homage the Ripley, not connected to her in any real way but being the female heroine of the story.

I bet my left testicle that she goes from "miss-pinky-shoes" to "lordi-is-afraid-of-me-cause-i'm-though" throught out the movie.

Quast said:

Considering this isn't what i would call canon here, with the xenomorph not really being known to humanity before the events in Alien/Aliens

actually, it would make sense if aliens had appeared on planet earth hundreds of years before the first movie. why else would they have been jonesing for the sulacco crew to bring one back? the company receives a bit of the transmission from lv-426 and recognizes what its talking about. they had to know of it's existence somehow. I'm not saying it's a good connection, but it's plausible.

Just a quick question before I make a comment:

Is this trailer safe for work? I ask because it's the "restricted audiences only" trailer instead of "general audiences" one, red instead of green background.