Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

Command & Conquer Gold for free

Sweet. The only C&C I've ever played was the demo for the first game. Well, that and the entire Dune series. "I gotta present for ya!"

Thank you, leileilol, for this info!
I downloded it yesterday and it works. So far, i only had the german censored version.

Greetings
Funduke

Ralphis said:

Does this have multiplayer? If it does I assume it's LAN play?

There's some sort of patch/workaround/fixit floating around somewhere to Macguyver-up TCP-IP play, but by default I think it's LAN only.

The 1st Decade version (dunno about the Worldwide Warfare version) requires IPX, modem or nullmodem to play multiplayer. I've tried IPX-ing it without any luck, as it won't find games on the network. Modem is pointless and finding nullmodem over ethernet software is easier said than done.
Unless, of course, you want to pay for a nullmodem cable and fiddle around with dialing into your opponent's computer.

Stealthy Ivan said:

I wonder if windows XP can run it under compatibility mode? Since the game is for win95?

The website linked said:

To kick the celebration off, today we have a special surprise which we are certain new and old Command & Conquer fans will enjoy. We are providing the original Command & Conquer as a free download, compatible for Windows XP! This is the same version included with the collectors pack Command & Conquer: The First Decade, and is now available for you to download for free!

Yes, I wonder too...

The guys uploading this knows very well that no-one can be expected to run Windows 95 boxes in this day and age.
Therefore they have uploaded an XP-patch as well.

From what I heard about the ad-supported FarCry version, there is a rather annoying ad that plays whenever you save/load/die. Apparently if you download a mod (any mod) that changes the menu graphics, all the ads go away... I haven't installed the game yet so I can't tell if it works.

Of course, it looks like I'm the only one who cares about this game judging from the thread :)

The trick I talked about for FarCry works. I downloaded this menu mod and I didn't see a single ad when I played it for ~10 minutes. It's not like I would have gone to McDonald's anyways :)

david_a said:

From what I heard about the ad-supported FarCry version, there is a rather annoying ad that plays whenever you save/load/die. Apparently if you download a mod (any mod) that changes the menu graphics, all the ads go away... I haven't installed the game yet so I can't tell if it works.

Of course, it looks like I'm the only one who cares about this game judging from the thread :)

I have the game, so I don't need to download it again.

david_a said:

From what I heard about the ad-supported FarCry version, there is a rather annoying ad that plays whenever you save/load/die.

Same with Prince of Persia. However, there are no ads for me when the game can't connect to the internet. Maybe this works with FarCry too?