Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EANB

Doom Incarnate: E1M1 and E1M2 (RELEASED)

EDIT: wad released: http://www.savefile.com/files/1022449

I have almost completed a new project. It is a remake of E1M1 and E1M2 in the same level, with some extra bits thrown in too. Wadsinprogress file here.

I am unsure of wether to add the e1m2 maze or not. ideas?

Doom Builder picture=

I am actually unsure on how this will turn out (ie sucking hard or being good) so here are some updated screenshots. It is more or less finished, I just need to add in things and work on the flow between E1M1 and E1M2 areas.

Part of the E1M2 maze, where I changed the computer screens to pipes because they were too hard to align and fits in better:

The E1M1 zig zag room:

An E1M1 room looking quite empty without monsters at the moment (E1M2's outside area is behind it):

E1M1's start room, which I believe is the best part of the map:

Interested in seeing a beta? Say so here and I will send you a PM with the link.

not bad for a blend of the two levels. a pretty enjoyable wad. it's a bit easy on UV tho. got thru with plenty of ammo and only had one real health scare due to recklesness, but finished with plenty of health as well. don't know why, but one of the secrets didn't go off.

Not sure why that would happen. The secret sectors are placed so that you should get them when you enter te area. You probably just missed a secret.

That was cool, like E1Mx with a lot of artistic licence :) It was easy but that's to be expected given the source material. I'm not overly enamoured with 30s doors and secrets inside secrets though.

EANB said:

Not sure why that would happen. The secret sectors are placed so that you should get them when you enter te area. You probably just missed a secret.

No he's right, sector 828 is a thin step that's too small to walk into. Unless you use no-clipping mode you just pass over it without ever actually touching the floor so you never get credit for it. It's the same problem as the sector in front of the teleporter in Doom2 map15 (sector 147)

To be honest I don't know why all 4 of those adjacent sectors (281, 768, 769, 828) need to be secret. It looks a bit like you made one secret sector and then split it a few times. One is enough - I suggest the largest one, 769.

Also I just noticed the secret door (sector 278) is repeatable on one side but single on the other. This can cause problems, it would be better if it was single on both sides. (Being manual, it doesn't really need a tag number either, but that doesn't hurt)

Anyway thanks for making this, it was good :)