Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

Chupacabras found?

Yeah, either one of those hairless dogs, or a dog that lost its hair to disease before dying.

Those Aztec dogs are funny. They look kind of like living statues.

The one in the middle of that Hairless Dog pic kinda looks like those Egyptian Anubis statues or whatever they are.

Steeveeo said:

The one in the middle of that Hairless Dog pic kinda looks like those Egyptian Anubis statues or whatever they are.

yeah, they do. it's kinda why I like 'em. they mention that they have a high body temp, but what they don't say in that article is that because of that old people out in the mexican countryside use 'em to aleviate arthritis, kinda like a living heating blanket.

Didn't they find a bunch of these a while back and figure out that they were just foxes with mange or something?

actually, this is the third chupcabra they have found in texas wityhin the past 4 years... all resembling one another.

They have done studies on the remains of one of them and found a blend of different animals in this "thing', and they are not sure if i was a erroneous breed in nature or mutation, but it is indeed what locals and myth would refer to as the "chupacabra", it does suck the blood of its prey and leave the carcass beind.

I cant remember the link to this bit of info, but if you google it far enough, you;'ll find the reports and other pics from the previous texas finds... I think they even found 1 in mexico dead on the side of the road as well.

heres a group of pics from a previous one found in texas...

http://www.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/641/641839_Texas_Chupacabra.jpg

it was actually cought on camera, but with poor footage, the but post-mortem pictures prove it is the same animal.

and here is another...

http://birdiefoster.lockergnome.net/chupacabra.jpg

It was also mentioned that this could possibly be an early instance of mans effect on nature... though dumping nuclear material and other chemicals that cause these abominations to mutate within the animal kingdom.. speculation of course...

oh yes, i remember when everyone thought this thing was the chupcabra... and then these dog-like things came around, and everyone was like "well, if this video is not of chupcabra, and chupacabra is the dog thingys, then what the hell is it..."

here is the video in question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHmnfgON4A

EDIT (myk): Merged posts.

Heh, the one in the video is likely a famished and unclothed vagrant. Maybe it was Gollum.

Technician said:
But they are a mammal of the k-9 relation.

Yeah, they're Coyotes, apparently.

As for blood sucking, I've lived in the country and have seen it happen, possibly done by weasels or opossums. Not sure which, since both animals were present when that sort of thing happened to our chickens.

Buckshot said:

oh yes, i remember when everyone thought this thing was the chupcabra... and then these dog-like things came around, and everyone was like "well, if this video is not of chupcabra, and chupacabra is the dog thingys, then what the hell is it..."

here is the video in question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHmnfgON4A

Fake.

1) You can barely see anything...that's always a sign of shenanigans.
2) It's edited, and I don't see any other reason aside from there being multiple takes.
3) Checking related videos on Youtube, you can find the same video under different names, some saying it's supposed to be a alien, others saying a fallen angel. The fallen angel one seems to be the original intent, as the feathers would indicate.

I never understood why people needed to make up this fake, scary animal when there are real animals that do the same things (wolves, coyote, etc.).

that first vid was so fake it was funny. as for that music video, I want what drugs that dude is on.

being a puerto rican, where chupacabras were brought to the worlds spotlight back in the 90's, there were lots of stories I've heard concerning it. I've heard stuff about demons, mutants, and aliens. the alien one got around a lot because on PR there are top secret air force bases and the island is home to the arecibo radio telescope which one of it's uses is for SETI. thats when chupacabras drawings started to look more like an embelished "gray alien" instead of the dog-like biped that was first described.

as far as why fantastic creatures (like chupacabras, bigfoot, or nessie) were invented, it's probably akin to why creature like dragon, griphons, and bassalisks were invented, as a way for the superstitious to explain the unexplained.

I always thought chupacabras were more reminiscent to a type of bird. Or maybe im thinking of the California Condor.

VileSlay said:

...bassalisks were invented, as a way for the superstitious to explain the unexplained.

Bassalisk... as in the 20-foot tall lizard-chicken that can stare things to death?

That old woman is showing a very well done drawing. If it was a real photo why did she post a photo of her showing the photo of the chupacabra? She'd post a photo of the chupacabra alone so we can see it well and see it's for real. or Better yet, she behind the chupacabra.

Buckshot said:

Bassalisk... as in the 20-foot tall lizard-chicken that can stare things to death?

You know, there's a legend that some guy actually slew a bunch of basilisks that invaded England. Mirrored up his armor and they all killed themselves.

Buckshot said:

yep. kinda realted to the cockatrice. people believed things like that actually existed. they were both supposed to be vunerable to roosters, so medieval peasants would travel with one if they heard there was one around.

@danarchy: I've heard that story before, but I forgot the name of the hero.

OMG OMG I FOUND IT *cue Diablo I screenshot which I'm too lazy to find right now*

I've always imagined Chupacabra's being doglike, and yep I have to agree with VileSlay about the invention of superstitious/supernatural creatures.
Plus, (obviously) the world wasn't all discovered at once. I remember seeing a map of the world from either the 1600's or 1800's and there was a big box on the map pointing towards the edge of the map (which was undiscovered at the time) and it said something like "Beware ye blah de blah dragons be here". Plus the fact that people believed islands existed in some locations (where, as proven by satellites, they do not).

It's almost like us with aliens. We have absolutely no idea what could exist beyond our solar system, in much the same way that ancient people had absolutely no idea what lay beyond charted territory.

VileSlay said:

@danarchy: I've heard that story before, but I forgot the name of the hero.

Could have sworn it was St. George, but I didn't find anything about it in his entry in Wikipedia. Also, he was a Roman, and never went to England. Never knew that.

Anyway, as a cryptozoology enthusiast, I'm getting a kick out of these replies.

I know St. George allegedly was responsible for slaying a dragon that lived near a well. it ate or burned who ever came near to the water source so when the people needed water they sacrificed a maiden chosen via lottery. when the princess was selected, the king asked george, who was passing thru, to slay the dragon, which he did, saving the princess and freeing the water source for the people.

I'm trying to pin down some basilisk legends, but the ones I'm finding involve guys trying to kill one and getting killed themselves. supposedly it was so virulent that if you were on horseback and stabbed it with a sword or lance the poison would transmit thru your wepon, kill you and your horse.

one that I found that was pretty interesting involved two kids playing hide and seek. they hid in an abandoned basement where a basilisk was living. they were obviously struck dead. when searching, a servant found them and was killed as well. they ended up using long tongs to pull them out and then got a condemned prisoner, dressed in weasel pelts with mirrors hanging off of them, to go down and fetch the creature. it died when it saw its reflection and he pulled it out.

back to the chupacabras topic: I had found this artwork from the mag fortean times a couple of years ago. it comes the closest to how the chupacabras was described to me as a child.

back @Danarchy: as you can tell, I love my mythic creatures and cryptids as well. so I to am getting a kick out of this.