Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Myself keeps...no...IS slipping away

For a short while, at least.

Yes, I will be gone for at least another 2 weeks as I am in the slow process of reformatting my HD. For those of you that visit my DOOM Station, don't be depressed. We have more than one computer in the house and I'm sure I can transfer my stuff over to one and just sign on that one. It will be though, however.

Until my POS is back on track, salve (Latin for "goodbye") DW Forums!

Yeah...its like my friend. She says she doesn't want me to give her any MP3s until she formats her hard drive...but she's been saying that for a couple months...I could format my HD in a day, maybe go to a movie while I wait. People and their lame excuses...

I hate saying this but: formatting HDs are a big pain in my ass. It just takes too long. Oh well. I suppose I could sit and play through an entire game of Castlevania:SOTN while I wait. It takes about 2 or 3 hours to re-format my 40-gig hard-drive.

funny because my formatting only take about 15 minutes. That's with the win98 install. It's wierd because this machine is about 2 years old now.

I never have problems formatting, only takes a few minutes. What's a pain and takes weeks is getting everything reinstalled and working the way it used to. It's been over a month since I reformatted and I still haven't gotten my scanner and half my old programs up and running.

Who has fucked with these forums?

PopUpKiller has closed the fullsail popup FIFTY TIMES in this session on DW alone!

2 FRIGGIN WEEKS? Jesus, fuck, what are you formatting? A 190 terabytes HD?

Damn, that WOULD take a while, heh.

Nah, the reason I said 2 weeks is cuz of school, homework, and stuff like that. Also, I had to take time to make a back-up of the stuff on my HD that was irreplaceable (which is quite a bit).

After less than one week, however, I've found out I can still make posts and be in the process at the same time. So, I'm back already.

Also, I had to take time to make a back-up of the stuff on my HD that was irreplaceable (which is quite a bit).

Hmmm...no such thing for me, when I got my new computer, I just installed only the games I wanted to play at the time (I have maybe 7 on it at the moment). And to replace my mp3 collection, I just ripped my entire CD collection, and copied some from a disk my friend gave me. meh...

With some thought and clever partitioning you can make reformatting (and I'd argue thats not essential either) very quick and painless.

I hate saying this but: formatting HDs are a big pain in my ass. It just takes too long. Oh well. I suppose I could sit and play through an entire game of Castlevania:SOTN while I wait. It takes about 2 or 3 hours to re-format my 40-gig hard-drive.

Quick Format? Hello?