Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terra-jin

Dragonball Z movie scheduled in 2008

According to the Montreal Gazette, a Dragonball Z movie is being developed by 20th Century Fox, scheduled to be complete around July 2008.

It follows the appearance of comic/anime adaptions like Spiderman, Fantastic Four and Transformers nicely. By my estimation, something good may actually come of this.

cool, i always wanted to see that horrible franchise die off in a humiliating way that only hollywood can accomplish

Oh my God this is actually happening. I remember talking about this in my days of high school. But the rumors then had Goldberg and that Austen Powers midget in it.

Didn't DragonballS already make like a dozen movies? Oh wait. This is going to be live-action.

I wonder what Vegeta will have to say in its defense.

Terra-jin said:

According to the Montreal Gazette, a Dragonball Z movie is being developed by 20th Century Fox, scheduled to be complete around July 2008.

Not that I care about DBZ, but WHAT??? Surely this is a mistake???

HWGuy said:

I wonder what the movie's running time will be.

Anything over 10 minutes is too long.

OMG NOOOO! This is going to suck hard. I really hope it gets canceled. Ok I'll not see it, yet, please NOOOO!

That wasn't enough..

NOOOOOOOOO!

John Smith said:

oblig reference to inert balls and over 9000 here

Whether the movie will suck or not, it doesn't make a bit of difference, guys; THE BALLS ARE INERT

HWGuy said:

I wonder what the movie's running time will be.

OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

seconds

This has actually gotten me excited just to see how they can adapt an anime with quite bold/over exaggerated imaging to live action. Maybe they will just make the film into a huge cheese fest.

Csonicgo said:

Whether the movie will suck or not, it doesn't make a bit of difference, guys; THE BALLS ARE INERT

Don't forget the PYLONS.

well dbz was good at the start...got better up through the buu saga...then the uneventful downhill slide first with dbgt and now a live-action movie!? ...so sad *tear*...

Technician said:

This has actually gotten me excited just to see how they can adapt an anime with quite bold/over exaggerated imaging to live action. Maybe they will just make the film into a huge cheese fest.

Just watch The Covenant. The action scenes in that movie are basically live-action Dragon Ball.

The DBZ Movie will go one of 2 ways it will either be faithful to the manga and be good or it will deviate from it and suck massively. I don't see this going any other way. Hopefully this will be mostly faithful to the original work.

Ice Kitsune said:

The DBZ Movie will go one of 2 ways it will either be faithful to the manga and be good or it will deviate from it and suck massively. I don't see this going any other way. Hopefully this will be mostly faithful to the original work.

Or it could be faithful to the manga and still suck. That's how I'm predicting it will turn out. Seriously, unless they include an 'over nine thousand' reference somewhere to please the fans it's not even worth watching.

leileilol said:

cool, i always wanted to see that horrible franchise die off in a humiliating way that only hollywood can accomplish

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Funny enough, one of my hobbies includes adding horrible dialog to someone's Dragon Ball drawings at work. I should find some shitty fan art on the net to recreate some of what I've done.