Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

Would you like to be interviewed?

Hey guys,

I'm doing some interviews with various people about Doom mapping for my website. If you are an experienced Doom mapper and would like to take part, then say so here and we can do it by email or whatever you want. By experienced, I mean have designed at least 10 or so levels, whether individually or as pwads.

If you are interested, then either post here or send me a private message.

Thanks!

People currently being interviewed:

stealthyivan
CodeImp
Someone who is anonymous

Still need more!

I've got about eight maps under my belt, I think, plus and a bunch that went unfinished, and editing a few other people's maps. I've never released anything, though, so that probably disqualifies me. Three of my maps will be in the 1monster project when it's done.

Sigvatr said:

Still need more!

Perhaps you should contact people individually like you did with me. Find some 'great names' of people who were recently involved in some megawad release or something and send them an IM ;)

I have finished answering your questions (the interview) and its about 3 pages long and is in a Microsoft word document. Should i email it to you
or just send you the interview in a PM?

PM is ok.

I'm getting a good response from this so far. Thanks guys!

I'm still willing to do more if people are still interested.

CodeImp said:

Perhaps you should contact people individually like you did with me. Find some 'great names' of people who were recently involved in some megawad release or something and send them an IM ;)

I must agree with this. It would be great if you can get a hold of somebody like Erik Alm, Chris Hansen, Christopher Lutz, Agent Spork, etc.

CodeImp said:

Agree with this.

Contact who Rya said and try Torm667, he's doing a good job on his maps from what I see.

Sigvatr said:

I will be adding an articles section to put them in.

Sounds great, when will that happen by the way, and how good are the interviews you got so far?

Most of the interviews have been very informative and give a unique look at both the Doom community and mapping in general.

I haven't counted them yet, but I would say that there are about 6 so far.

I'm still happy to do more if other people are interested!

Sigvatr said:

Most of the interviews have been very informative and give a unique look at both the Doom community and mapping in general.

I haven't counted them yet, but I would say that there are about 6 so far.

I'm still happy to do more if other people are interested!

Just make sure you don't make to many, nobody wants to read through 24 pages of interviews!

Intresting. I like the idea of interviews being done on the the people around the Doom community. Unfortunately, most reviews I've read has been where the interviewer is spending half an hour massaging the subjects balls and ego.

But that's how the real gaming journalists are doing it aswell, so I suppose that's how it goes.

hardcore_gamer said:

Just make sure you don't make to many, nobody wants to read through 24 pages of interviews!

The more the merrier. If people don't want to read all of them, they can just pick those which look more interesting. Or not read any of them, in case they aren't interested to begin with.

I think this is a nice concept! Great for the doom community!!! It's helping it stay alive, plus by interviewing people we can all share ideas and things we have run across along the way!

Stealthy Ivan said:

I think this is a nice concept! Great for the doom community!!! It's helping it stay alive, plus by interviewing people we can all share ideas and things we have run across along the way!

Agreed there 100%. Could not have said it better myself.

Didn't someone involved in NewDoom.com (Bloodshedder?) do a few interviews a L-O-N-G time ago (1999/2000)? I can remember reading some of them and really being fascinated by the way folks approach level design and/or playing the game. Anyway, I think this is a great idea, and I hope it goes well.

Bloodshedder never was on Newdoom. It was Doomcenter.

Anyhow, It was a feature called "Wadster of the week" and it wasn't he who did them. It was BigD who did them (but it was I who suggested it, so; -Whoo me!)

kristus said:

Bloodshedder never was on Newdoom. It was Doomcenter.

Anyhow, It was a feature called "Wadster of the week" and it wasn't he who did them. It was BigD who did them (but it was I who suggested it, so; -Whoo me!)

Well, you can see how well I remember it. Still, it was cool.

So....when can we look forward to seeing the interviews posted on your site? Its almost been a month since you've started.