Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

Strife

Strife is a kick ass game! I don't know how it failed, but damn it shouldn't have. First off, its not just a point and shoot FPS, its got more of an RPG feal to it, even though there is a lot of people that need a good killing. You can get two possible endings, you make the wrong choice, ya die. You can do things in Strife that most source ports can't do yet for DooM. I wish Rouge Entertainment and Velocity would release the Strife source code.

If whoever made it decided to release it for free, I'd consider playing it.

Well Rogue Entertainment's and Velocity are gone. I don't remember who published this game, but if it was GT Interactive then I'll say this game's absolute abandonwarez.

I don't even know if someone has the source code. You won't see any official announcements for this game, I believe.

Strife is an OK game. But where it fails in my view as an FPS is the fact that it doesn't have nearly as much action as Doom or the creepiness of a game like Quake2. But, obviously, Rogue Entertainment wasn't shooting for that.
As it stands on its on, it's a quite competent game, IMHO.

Oh no.

That username alone should be enough to get any thread with it in post-helled...

Hey, as bbg is mod of post hell, it should be his privelege to have his post become number 666. I saw one of his already in there, lol. I thought he'd have deleted it.

Or is he just a token mod?

He's not a mod, PH is just his domain. It's a locked forum anyway, he couldn't do anything in it that any regular users couldn't do.

bigbadgangsta
King of Post Hell

Needs a Job

Lüt
THE GREAT DESTROYER OF FORUMS

Hmm...

I just noticed something. Check this out:

LÜT: Date Registered: May 1, 2000
Total Posts: 7059

bigbadgangsta: Date Registered: May 2, 2001
Total Posts: 3268

Looks like in a year LÜT might have to turn over the crown for having most posts in a certain time.

pilotsomething: The rifle isn't stopping every tenth shot..

WHere the hell did you get that idea?

Man what the hell is you, talking about??? 2 ending's?? There's *MORE* then 2 ending's, I got 4 different ending's the way how you play the game is the way different ending's will come about in the end...........

Yes you can. You're forgetting this software's beta.

And bbg's postcount is a bit scary, altough he doesn't post as much as he did before. Right now the only real spammer is pritch ;)

Actually, there are three endings in Strife. They can be achieved by the following:

Best Ending: Play through the entire game on any difficulty without using any cheats.

Fair Ending: Beating the game on any difficulty, but using cheats (So Cheaters will be disappointed in that one)

Bad Ending: If your health reaches down to 0 in Entity's Lair, then you end up with this ending. It's a really disturbing ending btw, so you may want to avoid the ending if possible.

The endings are not dependent on cheats, they are dependent on what you do in the game.

I can't remember the details, but it is something like if you believe the Oracle, and go and kill Macil when he tells you to, then that sets you on a path that misses out a few levels, and means you get the OK ending if you beat the entity.

If you do not believe the Oracle (and kill him - I think), you get to see more of the levels, and can get the better ending if you kill the entity.

There are some potential penalties in some of the cheats, but I don't think they change the ending. I could be wrong.

It's a good thing that I decided to go against the Oracle in the first place, cause I never trusted him anyways, but was able to survive the battle against him. I'd rather let Macil turn evil by myself than actually believe that the Oracle said that anyways.

And bbg's postcount is a bit scary, altough he doesn't post as much as he did before. Right now the only real spammer is pritch ;)

Some of us have personal challeneges. 1000 or elite by the end of the month. I'm on course...

and at least I don't talk total, just moderate, shit, or perform DoomBoys, except in really naff threads (read my sig!)

Some of us have personal challeneges. 1000 or elite by the end of the month. I'm on course...

and at least I don't talk total, just moderate, shit, or perform DoomBoys, except in really naff threads (read my sig!)

And bbg's postcount is a bit scary

Yes, it can induce heart attacks too

altough he doesn't post as much as he did before. Right now the only real spammer is pritch ;)

Remeber Xenoman? Daaaaamn did he spam a lot!

Funny you should mention him. I swore I saw one Xenoman in the elite list and another as Cool Newbie.

Explain?

Funny you should mention him. I swore I saw one Xenoman in the elite list and another as Cool Newbie.

Explain?

Xenoman posted where he shouldnt have and um...well Ling had warned that anyone not on the list would be banned if they posted after a certain amount of idiots posted without being on the list (IMJack being one of them) and well, Xenoman posted and got himself IP banned at first then he was just username banned. Bwhahahahahahahaha, thats still classic, all the titles, all teh chaos!

Heh...Xenospam...there was a n00b that posted a couple things called Xenoboy or something...I think it may have been Xenoman, but I'm not sure.

Looks like in a year LÜT might have to turn over the crown for having most posts in a certain time.

Nah, I was only at 2,150-ish posts about half a year ago when the new forums were installed.

and another as Cool Newbie.

That would be XenoBoy.

Nah, I was only at 2,150-ish posts about half a year ago when the new forums were installed.

and another as Cool Newbie.

That would be XenoBoy.

Xenoboy hasnt posted much, maybe hes trying to keep a low profile.