Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

PC games that never were....

I was searching through Youtube and I found interesting footage of unreleased games that were made by Intracorp Entertainment and Capstone (the same Company who made Corridor 7) before they went bankrupt....

Fate (October 1996 Demo)

Cute Floor said:

Fate was an unreleased first-person shooter, which was in development in 1996. It would certainly have been one of the better games from Intracorp Entertainment, but they went bankrupt before the game could be completed. So, there only was a demo with four playable levels using Ken Silverman's Build engine.

Corridor 8: Galactic Wars (October 1996 prototype using Doom/Duke 3D sprites & sounds as place holders)

Cute Floor said:

Prototype v0.91c

This was supposed to be the sequel to Capstone's Corridor 7: Alien Invasion. It has been developed by Capstone using Ken Silverman's Build engine and it was scheduled to be finished in February 1997. But it never did, because IntraCorp Entertainment went bankrupt in late 1996 and this was the end of it's label Capstone, too. In this video, you can see the prototype which Les Bird made available in 2005. He did all the programming for this game

Does anybody know any other unreleased games?

Duke Nukem Forever.
It had to be said.
Well, it might be released, but not in any of our lifetimes.

Fate looks like a cross between Strife, Farhaven, and Hexen II. Not bad at all, yet not good enough to attract me to play it from start to finish.

The other is just a bad a joke that could cause epilepsy if you have the proper disposition to it.

Here's another unreleased game that I found from Youtube

Werewolf the Apocalypse: The Heart of Gaia

Apparently, this was supposed to be another computer game based on White Wolf's (old) World of Darkness gameline "Werewolf: The Apocalypse" (prior to Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption and later Bloodlines in 2004) but it was canceled for some reason....

yomoneyboat said:

Duke Nukem Forever.
It had to be said.

Daikatana. Contrary to popular belief, the true Daikatana was never released to the public. Nevertheless, John Romero still managed to make gamers "his bitches" by releasing a totally different game, originally called "Buggy adventures in the evil frogs' land", under the name of Daikatana. People fell for it, too.

I must be going crazy... I seem to remember that a sequal to Nocturne was in the works... and I remember seeing like an E3 video of it or something... at least some screen captures... but for the life of me I can't find any trace of it.

At any rate, as much potential as that game had, it's kind of sad that nothing has been done with it since.

Maes said:

Daikatana. Contrary to popular belief, the true Daikatana was never released to the public. Nevertheless, John Romero still managed to make gamers "his bitches" by releasing a totally different game, originally called "Buggy adventures in the evil frogs' land", under the name of Daikatana. People fell for it, too.

I wish people would comment after they have made the attempt of finishing the shitty swamp level. The game really picks up.

Technician said:

I wish people would comment after they have made the attempt of finishing the shitty swamp level. The game really picks up.

I get all of my game reviews from somethingawful.com.

Technician said:

TBH I liked the Swamp level better than the levels where you meet Sugarbabe Johnson or whatver his name was. A lot better.

kristus said:

TBH I liked the Swamp level better than the levels where you meet Sugarbabe Johnson or whatver his name was. A lot better.

Superfly. :p I like the Greek and Norse themed maps in Daikatana more than the others.

There's one game that comes to mind... the FreeSpace space combat sim series has a very intriguing plot about the ominous Shivan race and their hugely powerful fleet. At the end of FreeSpace 2, a lot of questions are left unanswered and the fans of the series (myself included) really missed a third installment to finish up the loose ends and complete the incredible storyline of FS.

Over at the FreeSpace community (hard-light.net), FreeSpace 3 is a very sore point. Talented modders have attempted to make sequels, but the questions remain to be answered officially. The weird thing is that although the series won't be continued, the developers haven't disclosed the complete, intended storyline. There's just one loose comment about the Shivans: "[They] should be viewed a symptom of a bigger problem."

Thinking about Blizzard... Diablo 3 :P come on they probably did some work on it (like 2-3% of what the final product would of been) before they decided they couldn't think of anywhere for the storyline to go.

the first video reminded me of strife meets some egyptian shooter who's title I can't remember. the second one is even more bland then the set of hypercube, or better yet Sin: emergence.

there was this unreal engine based game. based off a turn based stratagy game. something about aliens invading.

Fate (October 1996 Demo)

I think they cancelled that one after they realized how unconviently difficult it was to destory vent covers, knowing gamers wouldn't put up with that kind of nonsense.

Corridor 8: Galactic Wars (October 1996 prototype using Doom/Duke 3D sprites & sounds as place holders)

Well, that prototype never really needed to be recorded. It looked like a mediocre Duke Nukem 3D to Doom TC with some extra textures done by one guy.

Kidding aside, I don't know what bothers me more: These potentially awesome games that were never finished or the ones thoaw game development jerks haven't even considered? Where the hell is my Catacombs remake?!

Shapeless said:

the first video reminded me of strife meets some egyptian shooter who's title I can't remember.

Powerslave

Shapeless said:

there was this unreal engine based game. based off a turn based stratagy game. something about aliens invading.

X-COM: Enforcer

Coopersville said:

Where the hell is my Catacombs remake?!

Agreed, a new Catacombs game would be super sweet. I still have Curse of the Catacombs and Return to the Catacombs around here somewhere, too bad my computer doesn't have a 3.5 disc drive. They might have to add some more weapons though, I don't know if the regular shot, rapid fire shot, and x shot would cut it anymore. I'd love to see me some skeleton soldiers with mini guns again though.

BoldEnglishman said:

Thinking about Blizzard... Diablo 3 :P come on they probably did some work on it (like 2-3% of what the final product would of been) before they decided they couldn't think of anywhere for the storyline to go.

Actually it is quite possible that Diablo 3 is in the works. Blizzard has 3 teams working on different games, the new WoW expansion, Starscraft 2, and another. It's been hinted a few times.

Creaphis said:

There was supposed to be another Commander Keen installment.

If only...
Commander Keen 3D

Dungeon Keeper 3 -- although the game never got out of the high design phase before EA put the kibosh on Bullfrog for good, as far as I know.

Wow, cross platform gaming, including PC and "consoles"! And you gotta love that skeletal animation, as opposed to mesh animation. Although I suppose at the time the game was being made, skeletal animation was a new enough concept. It looks alot like Heretic II to me, as far as graphics and character design goes. I would like to see another Legacy of Kain game though, I always enjoyed them... but Blood Omen left alot to be desired.