Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cwy

UAC_DEAD (Doomsday of UAC) - playable??

Current versions of PrBoom should do the job if you set the compatibility level to 1.

myk said:

Current versions of PrBoom should do the job if you set the compatibility level to 1.

Or 2 (Doom.exe 1.9 compatibility is sufficient). Can't vouch specifically for regular prboom (should be, but haven't tested personally), but this is certainly the case for prboom-plus.

The command-line for that would be:
prboom-plus uac_dead -complevel 2

Or use current compatibility (-1) and make sure the compatibility option "Emulate Pre-Ultimate Bossdeath behaviour" is turned on. (Though you may also need to turn the "use exactly Doom's ..." options on too - overall, it's far simpler to use complevel to force vanilla behaviour when playing a wad that was designed for it.)

Also Chocolate-Doom with -gameversion 1.9.

Another possibility is to use Doom2.exe (this is identical to Registered Doom.exe 1.9).

I remember playing this WAD recently with one of the latest builds of either ZDoom/GZDoom or Skulltag and not noticing anything not working (I have played it previously where something didn't work).

What was it again that skews the level up?

The fact that tag 666 needs to be triggered twice, by the death of all barons and the death of the cyberdemon. In Ultimate Doom, the bossdeath behaviour was changed so that only barons triggered it in E1M8 (and in other ways, but this is the only one relevant to uac_dead.wad).

BoldEnglishman said:

I remember playing this WAD recently with one of the latest builds of either ZDoom/GZDoom or Skulltag and not noticing anything not working

Same here.

Grazza said:
Or 2 (Doom.exe 1.9 compatibility is sufficient). Can't vouch specifically for regular prboom (should be, but haven't tested personally), but this is certainly the case for prboom-plus.

Indeed, 2 works as well... I'm guessing I said 1 because he mentioned v1.666, unconsciously forgetting v1.9 works fine.

In the standard PrBoom it does work correctly.

In fact, Chocolate Doom is another choice, if -gameversion 1.9 is used.

Does jDoom work? I tried jDoom via Doomsday 1.9 beta 4 and it didn't work (I fell through the gaps on the invisible staircase). Is there anyway to make it work?

cwy said:

Does jDoom work? I tried jDoom via Doomsday 1.9 beta 4 and it didn't work (I fell through the gaps on the invisible staircase). Is there anyway to make it work?

JDoom requires a node rebuild for GL nodes. Apparently GLBSP can't build properly working nodes for this level due to its extensive rendering hacks. you can alternatively try another GL nodes capable node builder (e.g. ZDBSP) to manually build GL nodes. If that doesn't help you are out of luck.

Captain Red said:

Why dose this disable mouselook? The level is quite finish able with it enabled.

Options - Input Devices... - Mouse Look : YES