Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Viera Red Mage WIP

This is a Viera Red Mage action figure, based on the character from the Game Boy Advance video game Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, that I'm working on. Thirteen working points of articulation so far [ears (2), neck (2), waist, loin cloth, posterior cloth, hips (2), knees (2), and ankles (2)]--should be around 19 joints when complete. With the ears fully erect, she stands about 4 1/2 inches tall. I'm saving the hair/hat for last, as they'll just get in the way/broken otherwise. I thought for sure that I was going to have trouble with her standing, because of the high heels, but, so far, they work pretty well. I'm also considering making a chunk of tiered battle map (probably 3x3 or 4x4 squares, I don't want anything too huge), like what's in the game, as a base/playset--it's a neat-o idea, and would look nice for display purposes, but I don't know how much enthusiasm I'll have left after I finish her up.

(I finally got a better digital camera too—all the day 3 photos were taken with it. A member at Neo-Geo.com, another forum I belong to, recently donated his old 1.3 megapixel camera to me. So, no more blurry/indistinct photos!)

For comparison purposes, below are two images of a Viera Red Mage. The first, on the top, shows the character portrait art (left) and game sprite (right) from the status screen menu in the video game. The second, on the bottom, is the official Square-Enix artwork for the Viera Red Mage.

Wow MmM didn't know you were into furries ;D nice work so far. those last pics of her look like she's taking a dump and then farting, what a turn off.

I don't know the characater but she's cute and sexy at the same time.

Not a big ff fan but yet again its another work in the process thats comming along great.

Lol Shapeless is right though two of the pics looks like she's going to rip out a serious turd.

Almost finished. All I have left to make are two ponytails, the hat, and a sword (the official artwork depicts her with a staff, but rapiers are the only weapons they can use in the game). I think I'm going to repaint the lower arms gray or something too, as they're too close in color to her flesh right now.

Here’s a quick (20 second) rendition of what the final version will look like, scribbled in Microsoft Paint.

Shapeless/Inferno/Vileslay: Well, I can see where you guys would get those impressions, but the photos were taken quite innocently in that regard. The squat pose was intended to show that she can stand like that, as well as some of the range of leg movement, and the back flap photo was to show the movement there as well as to show that she had panties added (the earlier photos have a nude pelvis area).

Finished her up Wednesday (I spent yesterday taking/editing photos, finishing/editing the webpage):

I decided not to make a chunk of battle map, as (1) it'd end up taking up more physical space than I'd like, and (2) I'm too darn lazy. Here's a photo of a mock-up, 3 x 3 square one (based on a layout from Nubswood in the game) that I stacked up yesterday, using Game Boy cartridges, while I was contemplating whether I'd model/sculpt the base/playset or not:

I was thinking about making her a bunch of different rapiers too, from the selection present in the game, but I decided the heck with that as well. :)

And lastly, here's the usual webpage, with more information about my Viera Red Mage than any sane person would want to know:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/viera_red_mage.html

very cool. I like the choice of the flamberge as her sword. I like the use of the gameboy carts to mimic the battle area. I actually have super mario land sitting right in front of me. anyway, good job, as per usual.