Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallis

Doom sega saturn

Soooo, I found Doom for the sega saturn in a local game store. And I was tempted, but I thought that I can't keep stocking up on useless Doom things or else I'm never gonna get laid. But I think I can justify the complete and utter waste of my dignity if I can sell it on eBay.

But before I invest my not so hard earned money, I wanted the opinions of the most hardcore doomers.

So...how much would you pay for an (opened) copy of Doom for the Sega Saturn?

Also, how much would you pay for a pewter figurine of the baron of hell and how much for another one of the mancubus?

Thanks,
Wallis.

The Baron and Mancubus miniatures shouldn't go for too high as they aren't as rare as the others. On eBay they usually sell for near $20.00. I was lucky and sniped one for $12.00. As for the Saturn port, it's just a laggy version of the Playstation Doom, but still a so-so port nonetheless.

wallis said:

Soooo, I found Doom for the sega saturn in a local game store. And I was tempted, but I thought that I can't keep stocking up on useless Doom things or else I'm never gonna get laid.

Don't worry, sex is over hyped anyway, it's not really as great as they make it sound. Just be a man and pick up your Doom, you won't be losing much.

Maybe, but it would suck to have to lie all the time.

I knew a kid who got a copy of sega saturn doom at a used game store probably, 3 years back. I never saw anything in that store go for more than 20 bucks, so I would imagine between 10-20 dollars would be a good bet. I doubt it's a very high in demand game.

Edit: Crap, I take that back. I just remembered it was the 32x version. It was a cart, and I forgot that the Saturn was a cd system. My bad.

The Saturn port of DOOM isn't very good, from a performance standpoint--in a pinch, (say, if you're PC croaks), it's better than no DOOM at all, but you'd be far better off with the PSX version (Saturn plays very slow/has a crappy framerate--I'm tempted to say the SNES version of DOOM actually plays better).

I bought my copy, used, but complete, on eBay, several years ago. I think I paid around $10-20 for it, including shipping, but I can't recall for certain. If you must have it, I'd go with eBay instead of the store--you'll almost certainly get a better price if you're patient.

But, again, unless you're a DOOM completist, you're better off passing on Saturn DOOM. Buy Quake, Duke Nukem, or Powerslave instead (all developed by Lobotomy), and you'll be a much happier FPS Saturn owner. Hexen got a pretty decent Saturn port as well.

wallis said:

I can't keep stocking up on useless Doom things or else I'm never gonna get laid.

What? That never stopped anyone I know. If anything, Doom is what'll get you laid.

Anyway, I'm all about my Doom merch, but I still couldn't pay more than like $20.00 for a Saturn port.

I wear my Doom t-shirt to the bars and whatnot, and I've had ladies approach me over it, be it the game, movie, and maybe a couple drunk ones that thought it was a death metal band. Maybe I live in Bizzaro world, but my Doom and Mr. Sparkle (Simpsons) shirts specifically always end up being a conversational piece when I go to public places.

Where are you living buddy? I want to move there and wear my Postal 2 t-shirt!

Maes said:

Where are you living buddy? I want to move there and wear my Postal 2 t-shirt!

Canada.

printz said:

Canada.

I knew there was something aboot Canada.

Maes said:

I knew there was something aboot Canada.

It's all those lumberjacks and maple syrup I tell ya.

Jodwin said:

It's all those lumberjacks...

...leaping from tree to tree down the rivers of British Columbia!

Jodwin said:

Don't worry, sex is over hyped anyway, it's not really as great as they make it sound. Just be a man and pick up your Doom, you won't be losing much.

What the hell kind of shitty sex have you had?