Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

9/11/73 NEVER FORGAT

yomoneyboat said:

I wish I had some emotional connection to 9/11, but I simply don't.

Trust me I don't think so... that would involve someone you know dying more than likely.

Anyway I first heard about it as I got back from school. Got back, and my dad turned round and told me to turn on the news. So then I see it, and erm... well I didn't lose anyone I know so it didn't affect me much. I agree with Enjay though that this seems to be, 'overrated' if I was to choose a word.

how bout 9/11/1814? The Battle of Plattsburgh.

as for 9/11/2001, I was at home, unemployed and depressed as fuck, sleeping late. my mother and sister woke me up after the second plane hit. we watched the towers burn. my mother or sister, I can't remember who since I was so numbed at that moment, said "oh my god they're gonna collapse." I told 'em don't be ridiculous, since I thought they could stnad up to that damage. then two seconds later the frst tower fell. my heart sank. I had a special connection to that area. it was one of my stomping grounds.

Naked Snake said:

Yeah, but people like me that are far away from such situations look at it as like "you built your city next to a hurricane zone, you paid the price."

The levee was dry indeed.

Do you actually know that its a poor zone, most of its citizens couldn't choice a better place. Also if it was built there, I think it's more because the government assigned that zone and saved the safer for other social classes. And later didn't give a fuck to change the situation. Perhaps I'm wrong, but there are many more explanations than plain stupidity.

And also, in the other hand, one could say "you thought you were God when you are not, and tried to be better than the Babel people, building two giant towers instead one, you paid the price". Yeah, that's very offensive I know, but not more than your quote.

Still I don't want to offense, I'm just pointing that things are more complex than that.

BTW I bet the U.S. Army killed much more innocent people than the so named terrorists.

This is MY opinion, I understand and respect that you'll don't share it. I don't want to start a flame war, so I'll stop posting on this thread after this.

9:00 odd that morning (British time) i was waking up, and suddenly had one of those "half dreams" about an old story from the Judge Dredd Megazine in which the tallest building in Mega-City 1 (which is partly on the site of NY) is hit by a flying fuel tanker.

Anyway i first heard about it when i was on a hyper-leftist (i was into such things at the time) messageboard and a thread appeared with the subject ":) Did you hear?", the first post was "A plane just hit the world trade centre!" and the second was "Was George W Bush on board?". I read like 5 pages of thread (it grew very fast, 2 pages appeared in the time it took to read one) before realising it was happening "right now" and turned the TV on. I just saw the towers on fire so turned off again, then pissed about in Doom or RPG Maker and then turned the TV on again to see if they had "got the fire out yet" and it said both towers had collapsed, i couldnt beleive it

Vegeta said:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but there are many more explanations than plain stupidity.

Actually, though not stupidity, the reason is probably just being oblivious to the fact that it was a hurricane zone. The people who began those cities probably thought "hmm, we're quite close to the sea, which gives us plenty of benefits, so we'll build here". Possibly.

Comparing the Tower of Babel and the World Trade Centre is a bit odd, seen as the Babylonian people wanted to reach Heaven, so the tower had no real specific height as they continued building it. The Twin Towers wern't meant to reach God and they did have a set height, as they were completed in 1973.

Hmm, US Soldiers get paid to kill as well, in contrast to the terrorists. Then again, what constitues an 'innocent' person is extremely hard when the terrorists themselves DELIBERATELY disguise themselves as pedestrians to make it that much harder for the US.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Just share your thoughts

Shit happens.

Mancubus II said:

The two events are not comparable.

Yeah. 9/11 killed about 3000 rich people and made the rest lose a bunch of money. Katrina killed a significant number and displaced millions of other poor people. Definitely not comparable. At least, not in this society.

BoldEnglishman said:
Hmm, US Soldiers get paid to kill as well, in contrast to the terrorists. Then again, what constitues an 'innocent' person is extremely hard when the terrorists themselves DELIBERATELY disguise themselves as pedestrians to make it that much harder for the US.

The conception behind this sort of mentality seems to be that 9/11 justifies a war of aggression on a country (or more than one) that did not effect it, a bucketload of counterconstitutional Presidential decrees, and the use of pseudolegal detention centers for the intimidation and torture of suspected terrorists.

Seems people just "Blame the terrorists" what terrorists? Israelis arn't designated as terrorists
THE DOG THAT DID NOT BARK look that up in google
And from what I hear tomoz the 15th may be another of those days

My mentality was just the fact that US Soldiers get paid to kill, where as AFAIK terrorists don't.

Dream Theater released their first triple live album on 11th September 2001, with a picture of the New York City skyline in flames (including the twin towers). Though, the fire was atop an apple (heh Big Apple). It was meant to be a parody of the Sacred Heart of Jesus but obviously people got completely the wrong idea :/

Oh my I couldn't resist. The facts about the payment are irrelevant, what it's important is the fact that the more countries are afraid of the U.S. that could send troops for nothing and what not, rather than the officially named terrorist. The U.S. killed more civilians for whatever reason, than the "terrorist".

But then again, as I said, that is MY opinion, and that was YOURS, you can't change mine no matter what you say, and I can't change yours, end of story. If you can't understand that then it isn't worth to argue with you.

If you consider this arguing... well let's not get into that. Just as you contributed to this thread I was just posting my thoughts as well. I agree with you anyway, to an extent.

Quasar said:

rich poor

?

I'm not sure what these adjectives have to do with anything concerning whether or not the two events are comparable in some way, but allow me to point out why they aren't:

One was an "act of god" and the other was a culmination of very deliberate human actions.

Unless of course you want to argue that levee funding was intentionaly slashed with the hope that someday a hurricaine would slam right into the city and wash the poor people away to houston.

All I can say is thank god that Nightmare Doom is losered right now, or this thread would be rampant with tinfoilhattery.

BoldEnglishman said:
My mentality was just the fact that US Soldiers get paid to kill, where as AFAIK terrorists don't.

My mistake for quoting the first part of your paragraph, actually, as I was mostly responding to the second sentence, which goes along with excuses given by the proponents of the so called war on terror.

this was the first time that my dad ever bought a gun. we still have it. just a reminder, that some people want to kill us. and we wont let them.

I happned to be in my classroom at the time, in media studies. Of course, it was a tragic day, the death toll was 3000 or something wasn't it? I have my own opinions about 9/11, and the U.S. government but if no conspiracy theories are allowed to be posted then fair enough.

GEORGE BUSH YOU ARE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It's not that it's "not allowed", it's just that most everybody else will think you are crazy. They might already think you're dumb for bumping a thread that hasn't been replied to for two weeks.