Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

Epic decides to return to UT style techno music for UT3..

Nice to see Jesper Kyd of Hitman fame is on board. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with UT

UTs music was excellent. I can't even remember what UT200x's music was like, so i guess it sucked if it was that forgettable.

Razorback (DM_Peak) is my favorite game track ever (the beta one is pretty sweet too); that would be awesome if they brought it back. Other notable requests include TheCourse (DM Tutorial), Run (DM_Turbine), Lock (DM_Galleon), SaveMe (DM_Morpheus), SkywardFire (CTF_LavaGiant) ForgoneDestruction (FacingWorlds), and Botpack9 (DM_Phobos); from UT1.

UT2004 had a few tracks that I liked (the one from DM_Sulphur, Go_Down, maybe some of the assault ones) but they were nothing compared to the original's.

Ed said:

Hopefully they'll call back Teque to do a track or two. He did one track for UT and was really a cut above all the others.

Wuh? I don't remember that the UT version (called firebr.umx) had that guitar playing at 01:12. O____o

Da Spadger said:

Wuh? I don't remember that the UT version (called firebr.umx) had that guitar playing at 01:12. O____o

The development team cut the song apart after he submitted it, without his consent of course. That's the originally submitted mod.

What was the music before? I played Unreal Tournament, and I played championship 2004 for Xbox, and I didn't really notice a huge change.

Bloodshedder said:

Why use MP3s when you can get the modules?

Thanks BS for the link, it's more worth than MP3's (not much of a difference except size)

JohnnyRancid said:

What was the music before? I played Unreal Tournament, and I played championship 2004 for Xbox, and I didn't really notice a huge change.

ut99 TECHNO STUFF BY DEMOSCENERS
ut2003/2004 SHITTY HOLLYWOOD DRAMA ORCHESTRAL POP BY SOME GERMAN MANS

alterworldruler said:

(not much of a difference except size)

it's a whole world of difference. Higher quality (0% whishwash), plus you can loop them forever

leileilol said:

ut99 TECHNO STUFF BY DEMOSCENERS
ut2003/2004 SHITTY HOLLYWOOD DRAMA ORCHESTRAL POP

Both soundtracks have techno, rock, and orchestra style music.

leileilol said:

GERMAN MANS

No.