Find results in...
DJShrimpy

Do you own id Anthology? (poll)

Do you own id Anthology?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own id Anthology?

• Yes
    • No

1 copy, complete. In good condition, though the tee-shirt has been worn a fair bit. Bought in London soon after it came out. Not selling (of course).

Mine doesn't have the shirt or the statuette or the dogtags or the comic book or the phone card or the poster or the Mac disc (which I'll never need). But I got it for a steal back in the 90s.

EDIT: Seeing this thread again, I remembered I do in fact have the Mac disc. I just never used it.

GGG said:

the Mac disc (which I'll never need).

The Mac disk contains Maximum Doom, which isn't on the other disks. You can access the Mac disk on a PC using easily available tools.

nope. don't got one but wish I could lay my claws on a complete set. probably never gonna happen though. oh well.

I can provide a picture of a complete id Anthology, no problem - but I'm not registered on Wiki to edit, etc.

Anyone that is registered to edit, etc. - is there anything to it or you just sign up?

Dusty said:

I can provide a picture of a complete id Anthology, no problem - but I'm not registered on Wiki to edit, etc.

Anyone that is registered to edit, etc. - is there anything to it or you just sign up?

You can edit pages without signing up but uploading images requires an account. You need an email address to verify your identity. Alternatively you can email me the pictures and I'll upload them on your behalf.

fraggle said:

You can edit pages without signing up but uploading images requires an account. You need an email address to verify your identity. Alternatively you can email me the pictures and I'll upload them on your behalf.

That's easy, I don't mind giving my email address or whatever, I don't feel the need to hide behind a keyboard like a lot of people LOL. I'll try to do that this upcoming weekend!

Regards,

Dusty

I bought id Anthology for $120 when it came out. I only had bought Doom 2 then so I bought the anthology for the other games. Still, I thought I overpaid a little ($120), but am glad that now it's worth a lot more. While I've played the games over and over, I've rarely looked at all the memorabilia that came with it. Never wore the tee shirt. The box and the CDs have been untouched for years, so the whole package is practically pristine.

I bought Doom 2 on CD, Heretic on CD, Hexen On CD, then the Doom Collectors Edition, and a Doom T shirt. (I even wear it to school sometimes)

I never got the anthology though.

I lucked out and purchased a second unopened copy. So now its 2 sealed, 1 complete but opened.

Regards,

Dusty

I never really got the whole "I bought it and didn't open it" thing. I mean, sure, it does increase the value to collectors of certain items - but I don't understand why those collectors in turn want such items because they are never going to open them either. I'm trying to think of a good simile to describe how I feel about it but I can't think of one. Any suggestions? The worst example of this kind of thing, for me, is people who buy expensive or rare bottles of whisky with no intention of ever breaking the seal. I mean, you are supposed to drink whisky. The pleasure is in what it tastes like. What's the point in looking at an unopened bottle for years?

In saying that, I have a few Star Wars videos and DVDs I bought doubles of and kept in the cellophane. :roll:

Oh, and on topic, I have id Anthology

and I opened it.

Enjay said:

I'm trying to think of a good simile to describe how I feel about it but I can't think of one. Any suggestions?

It's like when someone buys an antique car, parks it in their garage, puts a tarp over it for 5 years, and then sells it to the next "collector," who will do the same.

Speaking of Star Wars, I jsut found the olde boxset of remastered VHS tapes released years ago.

I don't have id anthology, but If I had the £70 to spare, I'd maybe buy the one on sale on Ebay UK. But I don't really fell like bothering anyway. All i would really want is the comic and other small bits and pieces in there.

Ninja_of_DooM said:

Speaking of Star Wars, I jsut found the olde boxset of remastered VHS tapes released years ago.

Weren't those infamous for being ripped from LaserDiscs instead of the original masters?

I'm right there with ya Enjay. I bought doom to play it not to have it. I dont need aditional copies. Personally I dont think i'd live long enough for doom to be any more than $9.95

Enjay said:

The worst example of this kind of thing, for me, is people who buy expensive or rare bottles of whisky with no intention of ever breaking the seal. I mean, you are supposed to drink whisky. The pleasure is in what it tastes like. What's the point in looking at an unopened bottle for years?

I have an opened copy (installed) and a sealed copy of everything. Not JUST a sealed copy. I enjoy playing and collecting both. People that don't understand collecting will never understand, 'nuff said really. Just like I will never understand women's illogical way of making decisions. :)

Regards,

Dusty

I have the id anthology, opened and used but it's in excellent condition. I'm with enjay, things are there to be enjoyed, or you risk garnering a mausoleum.

I collect G-Shock watches and I have a super-rare one that was new-sealed that cost me quite a bit, but I was damned if I was just going to sit and look at it...

It also annoys me when people don't drive classic cars for the same reason. Works of beauty have a soul - use them!

yomoneyboat said:

Weren't those infamous for being ripped from LaserDiscs instead of the original masters?

Nope. The new single DVD release includes the newly remastered and altered 2004 DVD release plus the original theatrical release on the bonus disk that were transferred from an old analogue laser disk master instead of a freshly new digital transfer. The 2.0 track included wasn't anything to write hope about either.

Yeah, I don't get not using stuff you pay tons of money for. I have a friend who has like 10,000 video games of different systems, all wrapped in plastic. We think he's a little crazy.

A friend of mine handed me a box of every INWO card ever made and I was like :O because I'd always wanted some. Then I found out they're almost worthless because they still print them. But I still love it. I need to learn how to play it. :P

God this thread is so old. Anyway I might as well state that the only things I've managed to obtain so far were a few figurines and unopened console ports. I could have gotten the Book of Id and CDs for $10.00 but instead of setting a max bid I decided to be a retard and count on a relative to snipe for me while I was out, which I am never going to do again.

Enjay said:

I'm trying to think of a good simile to describe how I feel about it but I can't think of one. Any suggestions?

Marrying a virgin for the sake of her being virgin and then throwing her into a dungeon so that no one sleep with her.

And no, I don't have the anthology either, and neither would I want one.

I have one too, only one, very used, and who cares about collectability!

I only really got it for the Vintage and Mac discs alone

Jodwin said:

Marrying a virgin for the sake of her being virgin and then throwing her into a dungeon so that no one sleep with her.

I think I may just use that some time. :)