Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeetz

Cannot save maps- Error 5

Alright, so I had just begun working on a new map, and decided to save my progress. All of a sudden, I get this error:

Error 5 while saving map: Invalid procedure call or agrument

This, obviously, keeps me from mapping. Can anyone help me out? I did a search, but nothing came up.

Also, it should be noted I a on Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I did everything instructed in the sticky above, and I still get this problem.

EDIT: Ok, now, I also get "Run time error 5" whenever I try to go into 3d mode or even test the wad.

Skeetz said:

Alright, so I had just begun working on a new map, and decided to save my progress. All of a sudden, I get this error:

Error 5 while saving map: Invalid procedure call or agrument

This, obviously, keeps me from mapping. Can anyone help me out? I did a search, but nothing came up.

Also, it should be noted I a on Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I did everything instructed in the sticky above, and I still get this problem.

EDIT: Ok, now, I also get "Run time error 5" whenever I try to go into 3d mode or even test the wad.

I'm on the same operating system, and I can run it fine. I'm assuming you downloaded the vbrun DLL?
If all else fails, you might have to resort to *gasp* something other than Doom Builder.

Vbrun?

I installed some other DLL, but not that...

EDIT: Great, I just opened my WAD, and it turns out the map was deleted. I had only just started it, but it still upsets me.

I don't know what you mean by VBrun, I dn't have that, and I'm using Vista too. I know what Runtime Error # 5 is, but I'm not sure how you could be getting it.... have you tried re-installing DoomBuilder?
and yomoney, what is this VBrun.dll? something for VisualBasic I'm guessing? Where did you get it?

cchristianPunckgzsor said:

I don't know what you mean by VBrun, I dn't have that, and I'm using Vista too. I know what Runtime Error # 5 is, but I'm not sure how you could be getting it.... have you tried re-installing DoomBuilder?
and yomoney, what is this VBrun.dll? something for VisualBasic I'm guessing? Where did you get it?

Maybe I'm thinking of something else, because I only dealt with DoomBuilder for a few days before going back to WadAuthor. But I'm pretty sure you need the Visual Basic Runtime Libraries. Google it.

sm_twinz said:

I cannot make maps anymore until this is fixed...

People, seriously...
THERE ARE OTHER MAP EDITORS OUT THERE!
Would it kill you to TRY another one?

yomoneyboat said:

People, seriously...
THERE ARE OTHER MAP EDITORS OUT THERE!
Would it kill you to TRY another one?

he asked specifically for advice on Doombuilder, not on other map editors. try getting the latest version of Doombuilder. there are other threads here about this problem, i'd check those before asking here. as far as i'm concerned, 3D mode is just a convenience, i don't use it myself.

yomoneyboat said:
Maybe I'm thinking of something else, because I only dealt with DoomBuilder for a few days before going back to WadAuthor. But I'm pretty sure you need the Visual Basic Runtime Libraries. Google it.

Don't know about Doom Builder, but maybe you're thinking of WinTex?

DeumReaper said:

Don't know about Doom Builder, but maybe you're thinking of WinTex?

Ah! Yes, that's it. So I really am unsure as to how to solve your problem, Skeetz.

This just started happening to me. I had no problems with DB on Vista before (except for that silly messagebox telling me the program has ceased functioning every time I close Builder.exe -- something tells me the exit routine must not be very clean) but now it doesn't work anymore.

This may be related to the latest Windows update -- I have no idea why this bug would happen practically constantly now and never ever shown its face up to yesterday, even on the same maps.