Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Disappointed with xbox Doom co-op mode

Well i grabbed my self a copy of Doom3 limited collectors edition and the version of Doom and Doom2 are mighty fine......but the splitscreen co-op mode just plain sucks! For starters the players viewing area is always just as small as if he were playing a 4 player splitscreen game
even if only 2 players are playing, in that case the 2 boxes (view areas) are just sitting in the middle of the TV meaning that about half of the TV screen is completely unused! But what really kills the co-op is the fact that you can't select skill levels to play on like in the single player. In stead the players will be forced to play on
"hurt my plenty" even if there are 4 players playing and there is a
rocket launcher on the first level!

Was the xbox live arcade version of Doom like this as well? There is no
friggin way i will play my co-op games with my buddies like that!

Sometimes it's worthwhile to Google around a bit before you buy. :)
DoomCut
DoomComp
In short, XBLA version is better overall, and has fewer problems. But multiplayer is best when arranged with friends ahead of time, and played full-screen over Xbox Live Gold, and both/all of you have pristine connections to the service.

Ledmeister said:

Sometimes it's worthwhile to Google around a bit before you buy. :)
DoomCut
DoomComp
In short, XBLA version is better overall, and has fewer problems. But multiplayer is best when arranged with friends ahead of time, and played full-screen over Xbox Live Gold, and both/all of you have pristine connections to the service.

Man this just blows. I was looking forward to play some co-op on my couch :(

Well i still can i guess, but a co-op on game on hurt my plenty using only half of the TV screen sounds awful to say at least. Unless i am playing with a complete noob that has never played doom and does not care about the small view and the shitty visuals.

Still one thing i do really like about xbox Doom/Doom2
is the new sound. Zombies and imps sound better then ever!