Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prower

ATTENTION: ALIEN VENDETTA KICKS ASS

Hrm, I've gotten lazy. I haven't played AV in a while, I'm still back on like level 11. I'm waiting for someone to co-op it with.

Don't make me download AV and cheat my way to that map. What is it?

You hvaent dwoloaDed tI yTE?!? Yuo r a lzay basrad!

Well it's a map. I was expecting something incredibly weird with that name...

I'll play it eventually. Bigger combos with Spider-Man's my priority right now.

I *LOVE* that secret level. That was worth the download alone. The room in Map15 that leads into it is pretty cool too :)

Playing AV on UV with -fast. Haven't had any problems until i hit about lvl 24, but i'm wading through. Fun stuff, indeed.

I just played level 20.

I'm going to build a shrine to Kim tomorrow.

Playing AV on UV with -fast. Haven't had any problems until i hit about lvl 24

And you are not joking?

I just played level 20.

Nah, that's not the best one.

I just played level 20.

I personally give map20 the "Sand Fortress" Award. That map had a great theme, great lightning, and great music to go with all of it. The map was so huge that it took me a little over an hour to finish, but it was worth it.

I can't complete it on UV, it's no good. HMP wasn't that bad..

I love this wad, I really love it. Each map has a good atmosphere. It's a triumph of 5 years of hard work.

As usual, Pablo Dictter rox the box.

Wait until lv 29, that's the best one imo.

It's themed OK but comes nowhere close to 20 in terms of layout and progression, etc.

I've played the rest (at least, up to 24 in a regular game) and still say 20's the most impressive, even though the theme seems a little outta place.

I got to the first room with 2 cyberdemons in 24 and thought I had seen the last of these types of level in early 1994. Then another load of them followed (which I ran through pretty quick with codes), so I'm basically done with AV, but the first 23 levels were fun.

the theme seems a little out of place...

hardly surprising, given the number of authors. I think it moulded very well actually, considering.

I actually prefered the first dozen or so levels. The smaller ones weren't esp. detailed on the automap but they played superbly well. :>

It's a great TC, all in all. A good starter to whet the appetite for Millennium ;)

It's a great TC, all in all. A good starter to whet the appetite for Millennium ;)

Heh, if some of the levels in Millennium were half as good as the better ones in AV then I'd surely have had it out by now.

Then again, some people like them more. I dunno, we'll see.

we'll see...

yes but the question is when. Images of me looking forward to getting back to playing Millennium as I collect my pension from the Post Office spring to mind :)

yes but the question is when.

I dunno, a few months? Hopefully.

I get images of me promising Millennium's release when I'm collecting my pensions as well :P

btw, what does DOLT mean anyhow? I'm not up on my internet slang, you see.

I've been shafted. By Lut. By Steve Dudzik.

It hurts, I thought he was my friend.. *snif*

btw, what does DOLT mean anyhow? I'm not up on my internet slang, you see.

It's not internet slang, it's an old old word; dolt.

cheeky git!

change my shit back, I don't deserve this. you could've just asked me to edit it, you meanie.

EDIT: I did deserve it, after all.

yes but the question is when.

I dunno, a few months? Hopefully.

The entire engine will be re-done in only a few months?

A lot of the stuff can be directly ported, and some of it doesn't need to be harcoded, such as the MAPINFO stuff.

I'm now chipping away at Level 24, with it's 1612 enemies. I tell ya, it's a blast. Just survived the cacodemon onslaught. Fun. :)

For some reason Level 20 is the only level I never liked that much. Too boring for me. Some cool architecture, but overall long and drawn out. My faves so far are 09, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 23, 31, 32 and of course 24. The early levels are awesome too (architecture-wise), but the levels just kept getting better with MUCH more enemies. :)

After playing this megawad, I feel I can finally tackle Plutonia. That is, unless I get bored with the levels. Enemies are nice, but you've gotta put them in an awesome level.

After playing this megawad, I feel I can finally tackle Plutonia. That is, unless I get bored with the levels. Enemies are nice, but you've gotta put them in an awesome level.

Meh. The only good thing in Plutonia was Go 2 It.

Meh. The only good thing in Plutonia was Go 2 It.

One thing I DID appreciate about Plutonia was that it was (and still is) one of the most consistently-designed megawads out there. It's not like almost every other one where things change so drastically you feel like the project leader threw a bunch of smaller and more diverse projects into a blender and used the output for the final map progression in the game.

But then again, it's consistently plain :\

Yeah, Plutonia is pretty boring. At least the first 3/4 of the levels of TNT is awesome... too bad for the lack of enemies...

And Go 2 It is pretty weak. Sure, there's tons of enemies, but the level itself is one of the worst designed I've ever seen.