Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

US Navy to Fix Swastiska Shaped Barracks after complaints

heh, nobody ever looked at the floor plans on there? lol. swastika has been in the news a lot lately. there was this storyabout a swastika cut in to a corn field the same way you make a crop circle. sucks how that symbol, which has existed in so many cultures way before hitler took it up, is ruined forever. at least this guy is trying to save it.

No comments.

We have a bunch of buildings laid out like that in my city and thankfully noone cares, not the anti nazi fags that got one pub closed down because of it's name, nor the university that owns the buildings.

leileilol said:

Not only the Swatiska in the layout is apparent, but that picture there represents a bunch of KKK O_O

\
I suppose you mean the roof. If you think THAT'S weird, check out all this, especially the part about the mural. Some of the stuff there is way up Conspiracy Creek, but a lot of it is cold hard fact and just bizarre.

Mordeth said:

Or just wait a while longer for it to become fashionable again in America. Problem solved, I guess.

OMG AMERIKKKANS ARE THE NEW NAZIS. SAME SHIT DIFFERENT ASSHOLES LOL

Danarchy said:

Yeah, but when will they fix the Denver International Airport?

(Map)

Never, we're all inherently evil here in Denver. Still think it's odd they put it right where we get tornadoes, though...

In general though, why do architects design buildings like this? Do they not see what it resembles during the blueprint stage? Maybe I'm missing something, though. Perhaps practicality takes precedence over design issues such as swastika-shaped buildings.

Probably because a vast majority of people in the US aren't Hindu. In Western culture, the Swastika, since the 1920s, unfortunately, is associated with NSDAP (I'm aware that it has, historically, been used in many other contexts in the West). Personally, I think it's a bit silly to pursue the reconstruction of buildings because they happen to have the same shape -- especially if you can only see it from above.

EDIT: Spelling.

Kristian Ronge said:

especially if you can only see it from above.

So perhaps with Google Earth and NASA World Wind (etc.), people will be noticing this sort of stuff increasingly often.

VileSlay said:

at least this guy is trying to save it.

Wow. I can think of no way that "ManWoman" will fail in his great endeavor.

Danarchy said:

Yeah, but when will they fix the Denver International Airport?

Way too much of a stretch. I don't see how anybody could mistake that for deliberate attempt to depict a swastika.

Those murals are weird as hell, though :)

$600,000.00 to be Politically Correct.

Wow.

I love how the title of this thread says "Fix" when there is nothing wrong with the building's design.

Mordeth said:

Or just wait a while longer for it to become fashionable again.

And maybe one of these days people can hum the melody to the Horst Wessel Song without others glaring at them all the time. It's a nice, catchy melody that was popular before Wessel supposedly tarnished it.

Bloodshedder said:

OMG AMERIKKKANS ARE THE NEW NAZIS. SAME SHIT DIFFERENT ASSHOLES LOL

President Bush has his patriot act much like Hitler had his Ermächtigungsgesetz.

david_a said:

Wow. I can think of no way that "ManWoman" will fail in his great endeavor.[B]

lol. I read about him about ten years ago in a book about "modern primatives" and thought the same thing.

BTW, what about Legend of Zelda dungeon 3?

yomoneyboat said:

Leave it to Hitler to make a cool-looking symbol really awful.

I actually have a buddhist pendant that I'd like to wear for kicks but people get the wrong idea.

And it's all in perspective. The Swastika is not rotating counter clockwise to be a Nazi Swastika.

Technician said:

I actually have a buddhist pendant that I'd like to wear for kicks but people would get the wrong idea.

Wear a shirt that says "I AM NOT A NAZI SYMPATHIZER."

exp(x) said:

Reverse swastikas don't count.

Oh, if only that were true.

HAY GUYS I FOUND A NAZI CULT

There was one time I went to this local festival called Vikingfest (we have a lot of Nordic-descended people around here, especially in the town of Poulsbo), and this one couple had set up this booth full of traditional Nordic jewelry they made, including some stuff with swastikas on it. It's kind of interesting that the swastika was a symbol of good in the cultures of Asia, Europe, Africa AND among the Native Americans before the Nazis came around.

exp(x) said:

Reverse swastikas don't count

Coopersville said:

*plays Slaughterama just to make sure*

Draw the swastikas turning to the right, not to the left.

heh, how's geraldo's nose?

yeah, I know it's widershins, but it is still a swastika.