Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_master1122

Doomed out my desktop

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q309/Doom_master1122/doomeddesk-1.jpg

Oh yeah. I had to.
The start menu (soulcube) spins when mouse is over it.
When you click the start menu up, where programs are, now has the melted zombie faces that scroll until you mouse highlights them, then it becomes the words hurt me plenty.
I didn't make it, but I'm sharing it with fellow doomers
you can get the theme here

Note---- you need the program "windows blinds" and you can get the trial version here

I'd also replace the blank Explorer background with a satanic wallpaper. Dunno how it's done or if it's possible, but still. The theme looks fun.

Nicely tricked out desktop. The box art for DooM2 has always been my favorite, but even beyond that, the customizations you've done are cool.

myself said:

I didn't make it, but I'm sharing it with fellow doomers

Yeah I didn't make it, I'm just showing it to fellow doomers to see if they perhaps want it. The most I did was get the box art and put it as my background, the theme didn't come with a background, so I had to use that with it.

Riddlebox19 said:

Nice!!! I like the background. Thats a desktop theme right? where did you find it?

The first post said:

you can get the theme here

Note---- you need the program "windows blinds" and you can get the trial version here

Yeah...

Sadly, it's not practical in my opinion to pay 20 bucks for a simple program to make an XP desktop look pretty and nothing more, least of all if this theme is the only one I'd likely want to use (and it is).

However, when and if the first service pack for Vista comes out anytime soon and I decide to finally get it, and if there's already a similar theme like this one available, then I might consider.

Texas Libra said:

However, when and if the first service pack for Vista comes out...

Q1 2008! But it doesn't actually add any features to Vista, so say the beta testers.

Texas Libra said:

Sadly, it's not practical in my opinion to pay 20 bucks for a simple program to make an XP desktop look pretty and nothing more, least of all if this theme is the only one I'd likely want to use (and it is).

thats what I said. But my friend owns the disc of the program, and i just borrowed his lol. I dont know why he wasted 20 bucks for the program, it does nothing more than skin your desktop. But hey, didnt cost me lol, i just borrowed his disc =P.