Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jinx

Looking for someone to play coop with

From beginning to end, ultimate doom, doom2 and final doom. Must have mic. Also I will play on the harder difficulty levels, maybe 1 below nightmare so you gotta be veteran fps player. Dont know if it matters but I'll probably be using zdoom.

gimme a shout at junkme100@hotmail.com

Cheers

edit/add: .. just thought of this, if you know the levels inside and out I wouldnt want to play with'ya cuz all Id be doing is following you, no sense of exploration, I have played doom 1/2 but its so long ago that I dont remember much

knowing the levels somewhat = ok
knowing them inside and out = bad

What port are you using, and do you mean pic a game to play or do you mean you want to play all of Doom1 and 2 and final doom in one go? If is the second one you should probably pic one game it is hard enough to play through a hole game in one go and playing all of them just takes way to long.

I consider my self very good at Doom. I never play belove UV and remember the layouts of Doom1 maps pretty well, but not those of Doom2.
I have not finished Fynal Doom as i lever really liked it, i always gave up after the first few levels.

Well I would want to do this, but (going back to a post I made in "why all the KDiZD hate?") I remember everything very clearly.

I've never played through Final Doom, but I remember all the levels of both Doom 1 and 2 like as if they were rooms in my house.

I just send you a email. I have a day off today so i have the time. I don't know all of the levels inside out as i have never played Doom2 that much ( i like Doom1 better) and i spend 95% of my Doom gaming playing fan made wads.

I have skulltag installed, but i have never used it to play a co-op game as most servers used other pwads than just the original. I have played a
few death matches though. I tryed to create a LAN game at a friends house this once using skulltag and the computers could see each other but no connect to each other :(

If you can create a server that will work i will be all over it :)

EDIT: If you have a msn tell it to my so that we may have a better way of talking to each other.

I use ZDoom in conjuction with ZDL for LAN games but I've never played an internet game. I'm guessing Skulltag.

@hardcore_gamer: I had a problem with Skulltag as well. HOWEVER, if you create a server (with ZDL is all I've tried it with) it loads a console (a dedicated game). Then while your computer is running the server, then open up Skulltag as normal and try and search for your game. So then try and connect to yourself basically, and it works. I've played with people on Skulltag (LAN only) plenty of times.

If you're playing over the net use ZDoom. While I get pings of 160-250 in Skulltag on average, lag isn't at all noticeable if I'm playing someone with ZDoom.

Ouch, it turns out hardcore_gamer lives in Iceland, when I ping him I get 450!.

Some games when you lag the shots dont even register against u, what kind of lag could he expect?.

bah, I had like 2-3 other players willing to do it but everytime something comes up on the weekend, they never show up

still lookin for players

Tango said:

If you're playing over the net use ZDoom. While I get pings of 160-250 in Skulltag on average, lag isn't at all noticeable if I'm playing someone with ZDoom.

Whenever I play online with ZDoom, I get out of sync errors in ten seconds. Use a real multiplayer port.

You must fail using it.

If lag/distance is an issue, ZDoom is the way to go.

Also lol real mutiplayer port.

Jodwin said:

Whenever I play online with ZDoom, I get out of sync errors in ten seconds. Use a real multiplayer port.

I played through the entire av.wad with 3 other people on ZDoom in one sitting, so I think there's probably something wrong with the way you're setting it up.

Stealthy Ivan said:

I'm hosting a co-op server with my level Enslaved.wad on Zdaemon as we speak... There are plenty of peeps to play with, just look around.

I dont like Zdaemon mainly because of warping floors and ceilings, so I stick with skulltag. I can always start up coop and ppl sometimes come in but none ever stick around for the long haul so I need dedicated players.