Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Quake 3 Arena, for real!

Sounds like extreme fun. Especially if you think someone hacked or exploited lag, you can communicate him your disdain directly. Very directly.

Maes said:

Sounds like extreme fun. Especially if you think someone hacked or exploited lag, you can communicate him your disdain directly. Very directly.

I'd love to know how you hack and/or lag RL.

Done that before, burnt and singed all over the place. A helluva lot of fun when you can't afford paintball.

Steeveeo said:

I'd love to know how you hack and/or lag RL.

I dunno...pouring some slippery oil or sticky glue on the pavement, perhaps? Sabotaging ammunition? :D

rich77 said:

Bloody idiots! What was so funny about that?

Ah, the memories:

[1-2]: DOOM: The Real Thing
===========================

FOREWORD: This messages was posted from gills@qucdn.queensu.ca on
Usenet in the group comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action on Monday,
November 15, 1993. He has a new idea: playing DOOM in REAL LIFE!

I can't handle the fact that some people have tried the game now,
and I haven't, so I thought I might pull out my brass knuckles and 12 gauge pump shotgun and start up a *REAL* DOOM game. I figured that I, and 3 other frustrated DOOM awaiters, could meet up at an abandoned warehouse or something and have a rip snortin' Death Match of our own. We could throw some shotgun shells and ammo boxes randomly around the place, along with some first-aid kits (fine for light grazes from perhaps a .22 calibre round but not much good for a 12 gauge belly wound :) ) - then we go at it !!!

Granted, there won't be any monsters in this place, like there are
in DOOM, but I do have a pretty ugly cousin I could trick into coming; and with a quick dunk in some gray paint I'm convinced he could bear a passable resemblance to a gargoyle <G>.

So ....any takers? Heh, heh, heh.

EXTREEEEEME!!!!11!!

OMG SO ORIGINAL!1!!
Yeah, like there's not already 5,000 videos of this sort.

Looks like fun. Just remember, you can't tie the fuses on 12 bottlerockets and an M-90 together, duct tape them together, put them in a bottle held in your hand, and expect all the fuses to burn at the same rate and take off in a majestic display. M-90 fuses burn quickly. Bottle rocket fuses burn at completely different rates from each other, and they don't have enough power to carry 11 more bottle rockets with them. It's very loud, and it burns the hell out of your face. The more you know.

Also, don't tie 12 bottle rocket fuses together, put them in a bottle on the ground, and expect them to all go off at once. One will go off first, scattering the rest of them in random directions. You can put an eye out. I had one go about 2 inches above my head. Fun times though :-)

If you do decide to try the above, I'd recommend drinking at least 400ml of 80 proof liquor beforehand, makes it alot easier to deal with.

What, no rocket jumping?

Oh well, cute movie. It kinda reminds me of this:

I liked the part with the guy who lagged down the stairs.