Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

La Boîte Orange (The Orange Box)

I'm thinking about The Orange Box.. well I'm thinking about getting it.

But Valve have pissed me off in not making HL2 Ep2 a seperately available release. I don't care how much people think I have to get Portal, or TF2, why can't I just get an expansion for a game I already own on its own, by itself?

What do you think?

I suppose the one thing that may convince me is that Valve are letting you give the games you already have to a friend. So I can give HL2 and Ep1 to Doug in exchange for, I dunno, many beers.

But I'm still wanting to resist just for not being given the option, plus it is £26 and I have all kinds of money obligations these days (games were so much better when I was a carefree teenager)

Bloodshedder said:

er... you can buy it separately on Steam.

Really?

The only options I can see for it are Orange box, Source premiere pack or Valve complete pack.

Edit: OK seen the list price $30, but isn't it weird there's no separate pre-purchase / pre-load?

I'm sure it's that way to simplify the process, and you'll be able to buy line-item after the game comes out.

Can't wait... Portal looks really cool and unique, I've gotta say. And Team Fortress 2 is the best damn game I've played in a long time. Holy crap, I just can't believe how thoroughly awesome TF2 is. Plus Episode 2 looks pretty cool... But right now I'm just distracted by TF2.

HL2 was really a lot of fun. I have only played through it once so far, that game is HUGE! I have to play it a few more times though, there is so much to see and do, plus I'm sure I missed some stuff on my first run. In some ways I liked it better than DooM 3.

Yep, I'm getting it... I beat HL2 on Xbox and it ticked me off at the end. Now I want to continue the story of it, because ep1 and 2 aren't on the Xbox, and I don't want to get a 360. Not to mention the other games look really good.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one looking forward to the Orange Box for Episode Two more then anything else. Multiplayer gets annoying and Portal will probably be really short. You've got to appreciate good singleplayer when it come around.

I've never actually managed to beat Half-Life 2 or Episode 1 due to lack of interest, so I'm not quite as interested in Episode 2 as I am Team Fortress 2 and Portal. Doesn't mean I won't give it a try, though. :P

From my experience so far, Team Fortress 2 is pretty damn awesome, by the way. :D