Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Portal....OMG!

Just played the introductory 18 of 19 levels. Very, very, fun. It gets difficult starting around 16 near the end...and this is just the introductory part.

If you have it, thoughts on it?

I just played through all of the introductory levels. Pretty fucking awesome, I must say. It was tons of fun, even if it didn't last that long.

I finished the entire game yesterday, and holy shit its incredible. The puzzles are great, the entire concept of the story is excellent and the little details just finish it off - like the sentry guns with the minds of 5 year old girls. It's awesome.

Chapter 1 is called "Introductory Levels", though they don't make chapters obvious. He's well past it.

Yeah, I didn't know the game was going to be so short...but even though it is, it was alot of fun.

The challenge levels are fun to. It's fun to find out how you can finish the levels using the least amount of portals.

I was expecting the game to be pretty short, so I'm not at all disappointed with its length. Hopefully there'll be some pretty rad custom maps for it sooner or later.

The game's humor is really well done, in my opinion. It's not often a game's dialogue will actually get a chuckle or laugh out of me. The whole ending of the game (the whole 'escape' part) was pretty awesome.

I wanted cake, though. :(

AgentSpork said:

Hopefully there'll be some pretty rad custom maps for it sooner or later.

That's what I ultimately look forward to from the game once I get it. Who knows what inane labyrinthine wackiness people will make for this...

Ugh... just finished beating the advanced levels... that stuff is insane. Level 16 especially... if I never play that level again I will be happy...

The advanced levels are awesome! Theyre the best puzzles in the game, because they really make you think about how you can do things. I forget which one 16 was though.

Janitor said:

my computer cant run Source. I love you, CutmanMike

Thanks but they're not really the same things. ZDoom god Randy even said himself "It's more like a teleport gun" and since it's... well... Doom... I can't really bring it up to Valve's standards. Not to mention i'm one of those Steam hating foos so I haven't had a chance to play it to get ideas and such.

ZDoom portal has some stuff that hopefully Portal doesn't have though such as more guns etc.

More info here *pimp* http://gothic.34sp.com/portal.htm

AirRaid said:
The advanced levels are awesome! Theyre the best puzzles in the game, because they really make you think about how you can do things. I forget which one 16 was though.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of the levels are a lot of fun, and are pretty rewarding once you figure it out. Level 18 in particular was fun to figure out once you get onto the first hightened platform. But 16 was less "figure out how to do this" than "here's a bunch of stuff shooting at you at the same time... have fun". Now to figure out the challenges, though...

Naah, 16 was good, because it focused you on avoiding their fire, and keeping behind them, rather than just droping them through portals or droping cubes on them, which is very easy. It made it a puzzle where you needed to find "safe" areas to stand. Or make them.

Yes, people have gotten HL2 maps to work in portal. They havent patched the Portal gun into HL2. The NPCs dont speak, nor can they travel through portals. Some other physics objects can't travel through portals either. It's a nice demonstration, but the most impressive thing about it is how it dodges neatly around everything that is broken.

Oh I don't doubt it's rather buggy. While Portal is a Source engine game, it's not Half-Life 2. Still, rather impressive. Once the SDK comes out we should see a better Portal mod. :)

Portal isn't buggy. Not at all.

Just the hack to play HL2 maps with it is. Give them some time and the proper SDK which will be coming sometime (soon hopefully) and they'll get it working right.