Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shotgunman

Zdoom Interactivity levels

Hello everyone. I'm a n00b when it comes to wads so plz go easy on me lol

i just want to know some zdoom wads that have lots of interactivity i.e. like zdoom community project. i enjoyed playing the wad and want some recommendations for more. thank you

i play phocus 2 pretty often.
i am in love with the atmosphere...the music helps tremendously.
very isolating.

I thought Phocas Island II is good, with great atmosphere. My only problem with it is the isolated feeling as mentioned above :P

I feel very, very lonely at some points of playing it. In alot of areas there are little/no monsters. Kinda reminds me when I first played "The Lost City" of "Thief: The Dark Project". I wasn't entirely sure where I was meant to be going, so after killing most of the enemies I was backtracking alot. Running through underground caverns with just ruins and the sound of your own footsteps for company really starts to get to you after half an hour.

that's what's so nice about it though. the story in the wad is dark. the music fits this dark theme. and the isolation works because you really are alone on this island. it all comes together into one cohesive whole. i can understand if there are those who don't like this kind of feeling though. i am pretty warped, and love it.

Thanks for the nice comments about the Phocas Island 2 music. I was definitely trying to evoke a very lonely, isolated atmosphere.