Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Team TNT, Keeping It Going

Hey Guys!

Wow! Great to see the project still rolling. And Ty's back in too?

Ya know...I was reading the thread on DETH's possible come back. I pretty much left DOOM editing after DETH's death when I switched to XP.

D.E.T.H. Doom Editor for Total Headcases. Kristus came very close to explaining the attraction of this program. It's DESIGNED BY and USED BY THCs. I'd love to see a version that runs in XP.

Heck, if DETH makes a come-back, maybe I can too!! ;)

Pretty sure DETH will work as-is under DOSBox, but I'm also looking at porting it to run under SDL, so as to make it a multiplatform editor. Doing this will involve rewriting most of the code aside from the level editing logic from scratch, though. Most of it is just beyond salvage.

I wish I had thought about that 3 years ago.

EDIT: actually, I just started DETH in XP and it worked just fine. Pity it didn't do that 3 years ago when I tried it last.

ChrisC said:

We are trying to finish up this project and we are close. Level design is by three guys, myself (Chris Couleur), Rex, and Espi. At the start we had about 8 or 9 guys with most dropping out for various reasons. I'm the only one left who worked on eternal 1 through 3. This is Rex and Espis first time on an Eternal or TNT prject.

Espi is working on this? Awesome.

Indeed, I thought the same. With Chris and Espi on it, it shows a lot of promise from just that. :)

Heck, if DETH makes a come-back, maybe I can too!! ;) [/B]

cant wait to see that either :D

@ kristus >

now that you got deth going again, you feel like getting in plutonia2 again to finish your map ? :D or even make a whole new replacement if you are not happy with it.