Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Riddlebox19

doom on the wii?

What if any of the doom games was put on the wii (using the wand aspect of the controller, kinda metroid prime 3ish), I think that it would be awsome, it would make it a lot harder I think, especially if it was doom 3, what do you guys think?

Coopersville said:

It's sort of Doom's mission to be ported to just about everything, so I could see it happening.

Coming soon: Digital Watch Doom!
Well, I have Doom on my freakin' (Rockbox) iPod, so the Wii couldn't be too hard to port to.

It would probably be so hard to play. Resident Evil 4 isnt even fun on the Wii. But yet again that plays differently so idk...

I've played Doom 3 with a wii controller - it's difficult, especially if you need to move quickly, you tend to start spinning if you hit the bounding box at speed.\

RTS games are easier, but the lack of buttons don't help.

I think it could be really fun. Other FPS's have done great on Wii, just look at Call of Duty 3 or Metroid Prime 3 (best game ever!!). If they did it I'd buy it. I think it would be awsome.

yomoneyboat said:

Doom+Wiimote Zapper+DDR Dancepad= The Ultimate Doom Experience.

I can't see dancing around and waving this stupid wii controller in front of your tv fun, I thinks is fucking weird. My kids will get their own pc's before I ever buy them this piece of shit.

Stealthy Ivan said:

I can't see dancing around and waving this stupid wii controller in front of your tv fun, I thinks is fucking weird. My kids will get their own pc's before I ever buy them this piece of shit.

My famaly has a wii. When my brother uses it he just sits in the sofa and moves the wiimote a bit. You don't need to swing it like a moron.....but that kind of takes away the purpose.

Stealthy Ivan said:

You could have just said you wouldn't like it for the Wii, no need to flip the hell out and shout out schizophrenic insults at the console.

Stealthy Ivan said:

I can't see dancing around and waving this stupid wii controller in front of your tv fun...

I cant help but picture someone doing that...

Stealthy Ivan

I can't see dancing around and waving this stupid wii controller in front of your tv fun,

I have a Wii, and you done need to wave your arms like a deranged idiot on crack. You do a slight flick and it does what you want.

yomoneyboat

Doom+Wiimote Zapper+DDR Dancepad= The Ultimate Doom Experience.

Hey, I would buy doom again if they did that (I would buy it again even if they didn't do it). Just simply because it's doom, and the fact of a DDR pad to move would make it feel more realistic, as if you were in the game itself. However, if done, they should make it so the player can control other ways, in case of being tired.

MONKET said:

You could have just said you wouldn't like it for the Wii, no need to flip the hell out and shout out schizophrenic insults at the console.

You could just not defend the Wii. 'No need to misuse the word 'schizophrenic'.

Ha ha I'd own all you wii players (and specially the potential pad dancers), using my pc keyboard (no need for mouse).

Honestly I don't see the point to play/buy the console version of a pc game if you can play it on your pc, specially when it's well known that the quality is reduced on the console.

Vegeta said:

Ha ha I'd own all you wii players (and specially the potential pad dancers), using my pc keyboard (no need for mouse).

I challenge you to a game of doom

I'd be interesting to use the wii controls for it but for the love of god if it's not done right it will SUCK (see red steel).

And what the hell are you talking about, the controls for resident evil 4 were awesome if not a little TOO good (making it a bit easier than the other versions).

DJShrimpy said:

Quake was already ported to Wii so I don't see why not.

How do I get Quake on my Wii? Any links I could look into online?

Ralphis said:

I challenge you to a game of doom

Ok, connect your wii and be ready for the 0\/\/N4g3

Rubilacxe said:

How do I get Quake on my Wii? Any links I could look into online?

He's feeding you crap.

Hmmm, I wonder if the wii can handle Doom3?
Its specs are a small step above the original xbox right?