Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blarg

wma and wav to MY WAD!!!!!

*Sigh* I've practically given up on finding this out on my own so I'll ask the noob-ass question, (feel free to hell this once I get my answer and it's been up for 2 or 3 days) what is the easiest way to take my retarded .wma files, and convert them to midi for free. (I know there's like 999,999,999 different not free programs for converting to midi.) Edit: I would like to use XWE or stick to a Windows based program for putting the music in the wad, and I'm pretty sure how to do this using XWE, if it works the same as adding sound effects.

Thanks for help whether it helps me or not. ;)

I Also had a go at doing this once, Nothing came of it.
Maybe you could make a midi yourself if your any good at that sort of thing...

sausage said:

Maybe you could make a midi yourself if your any good at that sort of thing...

THEN comes the pain of finding a free MIDI editor which opens midis...

ok, then how should I go from .wav and .wma to .mus? Again I'd prefer Windows based programs to DOS based ones.

The only way you can have a Wav/Wma is a wad, Is if it's built for ZDoom, and is in Mp3/Ogg format (I think thats all it supports...)
You cannot make a .mus out of Wav, Mp3 Wma or whatever else, Only a midi.

Simplified: Only Midi's can be used in Doom, Unless using A Source port like ZDoom.

Sorry.

The most effective method of converting a wav to a .mid:

1. Get the title of the song you want to convert and the author.
2. Enter the title into google, with "mid" at the end, for example "Rick Astley Never gonna give you up mid"
3. Sort through the search results, with luck you will find a decent MIDI version of the song.

printz said:

THEN comes the pain of finding a free MIDI editor which opens midis...

Voyetra RPME. It has a 30 day trial and after that you can trick it into thinking it's registered by entering a blank activation code.

thx guys, I use ZDOOM, so I'll just convert to MP3

that's kind of disspointing though, I really wanted the secret level in my vanilla DOOM wad to play "He is not yet dead" from Spamalot.

Nick Perrin said:

That was hard.

It's not as funny if you don't have the guy singing, which is what I was looking for. So midis are out if I wan't to hear "He is not yet dead, that's what the geezer said..."

blarg said:

It's not as funny if you don't have the guy singing, which is what I was looking for. So midis are out if I wan't to hear "He is not yet dead, that's what the geezer said..."

Oh. Well all the music from Spamalot has been released on CD, so I recommend getting the track in MP3 straight from the CD, through whatever means are most appropriate :D

My friend has the CD, so I got it from him. Now it's music for MAP08 in my ZDOOM wad.