Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

Street Fighter 4....OMG!

kristus said:

I never understood what people loved so much about Street Fighter.

most kids around here played mortal kombat more anyway. Then there were the many ******** Vs. Street Fighters, catering to American audiences, which I found more enjoyable.

I wonder how many different variations of the same game they're going to make for Street Fighter 4. I'm going to guess at least 10.

Csonicgo: I suppose I'm one of them then, Double Dragon and MK had a lot more going for them than Street Fighter if you ask me... :p

SFA2 and super turbo especially are good stuff, personally KOF is tops for me and MK sucks extra hard but anyway; looks pretty interesting, can't wait to see what sort of new ideas they have planned for it though lord knows they'd just get a ton of "BUT NOW YOU CANT CALL IT TRUE STREET FIGHTER!!!!!!!" and possibly bomb hard if they tried to throw out the basic street fighter mechanics, let alone go 3d

guess we'll have to wait and see, though

Yeah it'd better be 2d, or at least feel 2d. It would have to at least match SF3: Third Strike. That's the bar.

And yes, SNK fighters were always fun, at least up to and including KOF'99. My nick is not original after all.

I've always been more of a Fatal Fury and Guilty Gear fan, but... Street Fighter still rocks. My only question is, will it be 2d or 3d? And will it be closer to actual SF or the Alpha series? I never got into the Alpha ones as much.

I'm also wondering which characters they'll have, and what the new characters will be like. It'd be cool to see some new ones that break the mold a bit. Maybe one that has a style closer to Judo or Aikido? That'd be interesting. Art of Fighting 3 had Kasumi Todoh.

kristus said:

You fight... ON THE STREET!!!!!!ONE!!!
I've also been more partial towards Mortal Kombat. If you're going for senseless violence, you might as well go all the way.

That trailer is particularly bad. What's so special about looking at the two more boring yet more popular characters from the game, fighting in a boring way. They could at least included other characters, probably a new one kicking everyones butt, or reflecting an adoken. Meh I expected something more interesting, and the blood was unrealistic.

kristus said:

Because it's the most competitive, most beautifully drawn, best fighting series ever crafted by man.

AgentSpork said:

I wonder how many different variations of the same game they're going to make for Street Fighter 4. I'm going to guess at least 10.

Street Fighter 3 only had 3 different versions released. The two changes to the game were crucial in balancing the game.

And Street Fighter 2 only had 4 different official versions, Champion Edition, Hyper Fighting, Super and Super Turbo.

I see you're trying to make a joke there, but I'm inclined to decline a lol this time.

Vegeta said:

What's so special...and the blood was unrealistic.

It's a teaser announcing Street Fighter 4. How much more special can you get? They could've put a pile of dog shit on still frame for 30 seconds and then plastered STREET FIGHTER 4 at the end and people, like me, would still be so excited their balls would fall off.

Also, considering it's all drawn and in a certain art style, why would you expect the blood to be "realistic" anyway? It's all 2d cartoon art, none of which is ever truly realistic. However, I guess it looked enough like blood for you to tell what it was!!

yomoneyboat said:

I've also been more partial towards Mortal Kombat. If you're going for senseless violence, you might as well go all the way.

Mindless Rambler said:

I prefer Mortal Kombat more because it made more sense to kill someone in a fight.

It's a good thing you guys don't fight in mixed martial arts, there would be no one left to fight after you killed them all! And people say video games make our kids violent, jeez.

Also, Mortal Kombat is one of the worst popular fighting franchises ever. It sucked in 2D, it sucks in 3D, and it'll probably suck forever.

I never really saw the attraction of the street fighter games, I actually thought they were very badly drawn with monotonous gameplay.

that wasn't blood in the vid. the vid is supposed to be a painting in motion. the big splash after ken kicks at ryu (he does miss, so there is no way it can be blood) is supposed be ink splattered from a brush. the swirling black that come off of ken after ryu punches him is taken from ink in water, you know after you dip the brush in. the ink effects are supposed to be the ki force of the blows, not the effect on the body. at least thats how I saw it.

That video was about the most cliche thing I've ever seen.

Of course I hate all things Capcom, but even if I didn't I don't think I could bring myself to so much as shrug, especially after Street Fighter 3.

Street Fighter has always been one of my favorite games (despite me being horrible at it :[ ). Can't wait for this. :)

Street Fighter series has always been entertaining, but yeah I do agree there have been a ton of them without a gigantic overhaul in gameplay. Some games seemed like an added patch to the previous one.

But hey, number 4? Cool.

Wasnt the first Street Fighter Alpha about "child" versions of the characters (and was a cynical cash in after Virtua Fighter ((remember that?)) Kids)? but then it suddenly jumped to being the adult versions from the other games?

Anyway, i wish i could get hold of that 1993 issue of Sega Power with the "end of the debate" article now...

"What's it gonna be eh? ripped out eyeballs? inflated and burst? own heart torn out and fed to you? or do you want to fall baaackwaaarrrds iiinnn sloooowwww mooottiooonnnn?"

actually IIRC alpha was originally supposed between the first street fighter and street fighter II. personally I couldn't stand the MK fatality concept, they were cheesy and unrealistic. so yeah, I'd rather the fall down in slow-mo KO.

deathbringer said:

Wasnt the first Street Fighter Alpha about "child" versions of the characters (and was a cynical cash in after Virtua Fighter ((remember that?)) Kids)? but then it suddenly jumped to being the adult versions from the other games?

[/b]No, that was puzzle fighter.

"What's it gonna be eh? unbalanced gameplay? ugly camera captured sprites? lame gimmick fatalities? or do you want to experience a reallllllllllllllll man's fighting game?"

deathbringer said:

"What's it gonna be eh? ripped out eyeballs? inflated and burst? own heart torn out and fed to you? or do you want to fall baaackwaaarrrds iiinnn sloooowwww mooottiooonnnn?"

this quote says so much. guys, people don't play SF for a digital gore fix. there's no strategy in the post-match humiliation.

a lot of you like MK, fine. I won't bother explaining why not a single one of the nine MK titles is still receiving significant tournament play whereas there's a thriving competitive player pool for SF2 over 15 years after its release. go play the games that you like and let the SF fans be excited over the first new SF game since 97.