Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MARKDOOM38

Doombuilder: not all textures / flats

I'm new to Doom Builder. When I create a new map, I can only select my default flats (i.e. like ASH WALL for wall) or when I modify an existing map from Doom2.wad, I can only select the flats used in that specific map.

How can I choose from all existing textures and flats from the doom2.wad? I can't seem to configure doom builder to enable those :( When I use "additional textures and flats from wad file" in Map Option, it doesn't change anything, and neither does Reload Resources.

I followed the tutorial in the manual, the other things are working fine, just the texture/flats selection.

Tnx in advance, I really look forward to making a new doom level (my last one was in 1998 or so!!)

I am assuming you simply do not know how to select a texture in DoomBuilder...

Press "L".
Then select a line in your map and right-mouse-click on it.
Click on "Sidedefs" and then click on the texture you wish to edit.
A menu will show up with all textures.

(For Sector and Thing editing type "S" or "T".)

IIRC, the editors back in 1998 worked the same way :-/.

Hope that helped.

Because most of the time while making a map you want to use textures you already have in your map, the texture browser only shows the used textures/flats at first. Press TAB to browse through all the textures/flats (this instruction is also displayed at the bottom of the window, isn't it?).

CodeImp said:

Because most of the time while making a map you want to use textures you already have in your map, the texture browser only shows the used textures/flats at first. Press TAB to browse through all the textures/flats (this instruction is also displayed at the bottom of the window, isn't it?).

It was indeed that simple, I pressed TAB - all textures showed up. Awesome, now I can get back to work.

This site is great. I hadn't played or edited doom in years, it's great to see that there's still a community about it! When I started, I didn't even have internet access :)

Editor looks a lot better then the one I was using back then.

Thanks guys!

I love that function in db its pleasant working like that no scrolling through all the textures it saves me time also.

Mappers these days are blessed with something like doom builder that 3d mode really helps, getting an map done with Windue took me alot more time and patience and the results weren't as good

Ugh I can still remember sitting behind my pc with an calculator trying to make an simple staircase.

hahah, me too. Get the floor height, divide by the number of stairs... yep, been there.

The first maps I made I was manualy typing in the vertix coordinates before I discovered I could use the shortcut key. :o

The 3D preview is good, but the game renders the map diffrently I've seen. So it's good to test the map from time to time.